Hello Internet, my old friend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2015, 06:55 PM
RE: Hello Internet, my old friend
Welcome. Pull up a chair and chime right in. Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Hello!

Welcome to the realm of reason.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
27-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Welcome aboard! Smile

You'll find that their are many like minded people on here to exchange ideas with along with plenty of religious types to debate with! Big Grin

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
28-07-2015, 08:17 AM
(25-07-2015 10:42 PM)GoodPointBear Wrote:  Just a quick post to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I'm female, 21 years old, I've been an atheist since I was 15-ish. I think religious topics are really interesting to learn about and discuss. I'm on my way to earning a minor degree in Religion and I spend an inordinate amount of time listening to Christian/non-Christian debates on Premier Christian Radio's "Unbelievable?" Podcast. I do enjoy listening to the Christian side of things along with my own; it's good for the brain. As much as I like a good argument, though, I do crave some interaction with like-minded people, which is perhaps what led me here.

I used to be on discussion forums like this all the time, but it has been a long time since I've been active on a forum. To be honest, I miss it. After all, it was lovely bullies on the Internet who first helped me abandon my theism and understand atheism as an acceptable position back in my teens. Effective they were, but tactful they were not. No hard feelings though, I owe them a lot. I hope engaging in discussions again will help me continue to work out my own beliefs as well as positively (and politely!) influence other people's understandings of themselves.

Welcome aboard! Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
28-07-2015, 08:28 AM
Hi GoodPointBear! Yep, religious trolls often make the best atheist argument - just by their very being. Wink

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
28-07-2015, 08:34 AM
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
14-09-2015, 12:15 AM
Welcome aboard the forum buddy, have a great stay here.
14-09-2015, 12:18 AM
Welcome. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-09-2015, 03:00 AM
Rereading the OP, I'm digging the nuance.