Hello, It's Me

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
06-12-2013, 01:15 PM
RE: Hello, It's Me
(06-12-2013 01:05 PM)kim Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 12:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  Seriously? In what sense do any of you mean 'welcome'?

You are welcoming a crazy, delusional, obnoxious dickhead?

Go back to your 'lab' and talk to your paramecia, Go®don.

You don't know, Chas - he says he's a changed person.

Probably should find out what that means before picking up the verbal stones....
U
IN THE INTRODUCTION SECTION WHERE CONFRONTATION IS PROHIBITED.

I realize it's difficult for some but ... letting go of preconceived notions until "change" is defined might be something to consider. Dodgy

The past is in the past. Sheesh. Drinking Beverage Although, that paramecia thing was pretty lame.

Sorry Kim. Just that me and egor left things unfinished. He ran away before we could hash out our hatred for each other. I am glad he's back, and I'm completely willing to give second chances.

But first things first. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
06-12-2013, 01:22 PM
(06-12-2013 01:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  He did not say he was a changed person. He said nothing of the sort.

(06-12-2013 12:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I was quite vocal in my support of the existence of God, and I was also pretty rude at times. I am not the same person I was.

Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
06-12-2013, 01:32 PM
(06-12-2013 01:22 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 01:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  He did not say he was a changed person. He said nothing of the sort.

(06-12-2013 12:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I was quite vocal in my support of the existence of God, and I was also pretty rude at times. I am not the same person I was.

Consider

Not in this thread, dude. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2013, 01:46 PM
(06-12-2013 01:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 01:22 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Consider

Not in this thread, dude. Drinking Beverage

Does he have to say it in every thread? Isn't it enough that Kim told you he said he was a changed person?

Undecided

So many cats, so few good recipes.
06-12-2013, 01:55 PM
(06-12-2013 01:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 01:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not in this thread, dude. Drinking Beverage

Does he have to say it in every thread?

No, but this is in this thread. Kim was referencing facts not in evidence in this thread.

Quote:Isn't it enough that Kim told you he said he was a changed person?

Undecided

No, hearsay.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Like it or not, Ed is a part of this community.

I'm not going to defend Ed's behavior. He was absolutely horrible at times. We even had it out a couple times. He went off on me.

Live and let live, man.

Someone says they've change, I give them the benefit of the doubt. How many times? As many times as he needs.

He's never hurt me. He's never stole from from. He's never damaged me. I mean, at least those are viable reasons to hold a grudge.

What has he done? Argued and been ugly to you via text on the Internet. So what.

He apologized. So what if he "fools" you. What do you lose? Disengage him and carry on with your online life. This isn't that dire.

Anyway, again... welcome Ed. Saying all that, I say this: I hope you're "mellow" Ed. I like that persona. He's cool, funny, and easy to talk to.

Ed, few things have changed on the forum... most notably "Rule 5". It was implemented by Seth. Take a look at the rules here.

I'm telling you this because some of your past, most extreme behavior can potentially get you banned now. Just an FYI.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
06-12-2013, 02:05 PM
(06-12-2013 01:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Like it or not, Ed is a part of this community.

No, he's not. He rejected this community in no uncertain terms.

Quote:I'm not going to defend Ed's behavior. He was absolutely horrible at times. We even had it out a couple times. He went off on me.

Good, because his behavior was indefensible.

Quote:Live and let live, man.

Why? This is an atheist forum, not a delusional wackjob forum.

Quote:Someone says they've change, I give them the benefit of the doubt. How many times? As many times as he needs.

Why? He said he changed over and over. He didn't. You're soft to believe it this time.

Quote:He's never hurt me. He's never stole from from. He's never damaged me. I mean, at least those are viable reasons to hold a grudge.

What has he done? Argued and been ugly to you via text on the Internet. So what.

He apologized. So what if he "fools" you. What do you lose? Disengage him and carry on with your online life. This isn't that dire.

Anyway, again... welcome Ed. Saying all that, I say this: I hope you're "mellow" Ed. I like that persona. He's cool, funny, and easy to talk to.

Ed, few things have changed on the forum... most notably "Rule 5". It was implemented by Seth. Take a look at the rules here.

I'm telling you this because some of your past, most extreme behavior can potentially get you banned now. Just an FYI.

He'll cross that line.

06-12-2013, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 02:35 PM by kim.)
(06-12-2013 01:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 01:05 PM)kim Wrote:  You don't know, Chas - he says he's a changed person.
He did not say he was a changed person. He said nothing of the sort.

Oops It was in his first post ... in the main forum introduction thread...
(06-12-2013 12:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Hello,

My name is Gordon Jerome. I was a member here a while back, but I think it's been over a year since then.

I was quite vocal in my support of the existence of God, and I was also pretty rude at times. I am not the same person I was.

What I'm looking for now are discussions about the existence of God in a calm and logical manner. I can fully appreciate the atheist position, especially in a world where we find the Church crumbling as an institution.

I hope I will be accepted back into this forum, because frankly, I really did have a good time before, and I would like to again, but maybe without all the hard feelings.

So, anyone up for a debate? Flex

I stand corrected. Thumbsup

(06-12-2013 01:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's two strikes, Kim. Drinking Beverage

Beat_stick
Are you certain it's only two? Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-12-2013, 02:23 PM
(06-12-2013 01:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  He apologized.

When? I'd like to see that. I'll live and let live and welcome him back with open arms if he does. Hell, we can even be friends. But a sincere apology would be necessary. To me and the rest of the forum.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
06-12-2013, 02:25 PM
(06-12-2013 01:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  He's never stole from from. He's never damaged me.

[Image: huh.jpg?w=600]

Not even a little dain braimage?

Yeah, I did it. I took Girly's pic.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post