Hello. Old Newbie here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Hello. Old Newbie here
Hello all

I was raised in a very religious family, but it didn't take. By high school I was pretty well free of religion, although as I remember, it was more a fact of just ignoring religion altogether rather than any active thoughts on the subject. But... By the time I got back from Vietnam, I knew full well that no benevolent hand was guiding the human race. Or, if I happened to be wrong, he/she needed to be indicted for incompetence.

Interestingly, even my parents (a WWII couple) gradually lost their beliefs over the years. By the time of their 60's, I don't believe I ever saw them go to church again.

I live in the lower half of the Bible belt, but in actual fact, except for there being a church about every half mile, religion here is pretty well invisible to me. Of course, I only personally know about three atheists besides me out of many dozen acquaintances. Not many around, or they keep a low profile.

Maybe I will find more on here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morlock's post
22-05-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Hello. Old Newbie here
(22-05-2013 05:34 PM)morlock Wrote:  Hello all

I was raised in a very religious family, but it didn't take. By high school I was pretty well free of religion, although as I remember, it was more a fact of just ignoring religion altogether rather than any active thoughts on the subject. But... By the time I got back from Vietnam, I knew full well that no benevolent hand was guiding the human race. Or, if I happened to be wrong, he/she needed to be indicted for incompetence.

Interestingly, even my parents (a WWII couple) gradually lost their beliefs over the years. By the time of their 60's, I don't believe I ever saw them go to church again.

I live in the lower half of the Bible belt, but in actual fact, except for there being a church about every half mile, religion here is pretty well invisible to me. Of course, I only personally know about three atheists besides me out of many dozen acquaintances. Not many around, or they keep a low profile.

Maybe I will find more on here.

Welcome!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Greetings.

Want something? Then do something.
22-05-2013, 10:37 PM
You'll find a few more than 3 atheists here. Welcome!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
23-05-2013, 06:30 AM
(22-05-2013 10:37 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  You'll find a few more than 3 atheists here. Welcome!

Really ? The others are all just trolling you man, we're really a Christian forum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newbie from Scotland Helot9876 23 375 09-03-2014 05:23 PM
Last Post: jockmcdock
Smile Newbie here! Pearl 10 256 03-03-2014 08:26 PM
Last Post: sporehux
  Newbie aboard! Khare 15 333 12-01-2014 03:46 PM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  Lurker - Newbie Stang 19 578 09-06-2013 12:26 PM
Last Post: Rebelgirl021