Hello People of the forum I have a bit of a problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: Hello People of the forum I have a bit of a problem
Yeah.... I would draw the line at going to Africa...any part of it.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
09-10-2014, 03:35 PM
I've been following this thread for a while and contacted someone who has been through something similar - someone who might be able to help more than any of us, due to personal experience. The following is a message from them:

Quote:Two points he needs to really write down:
1. He can never convert or change his parents. Also unless they are really really cool, they will never accept him as an atheist and a bisexual. He has to pretend with them for the rest of his life, or until he is powerful enough to not care about what they think or do.
2. They only way he can really live a free and happy life is to get out of that house and become independent.

He is 17, so he's got one year. For this one year, his only solution is to compromise. I will help him with the only one way that I knew surely works. All his has to do is become a good actor and a liar, for at least a year. Here are a few tips on how to pretend to be a good muslim in order to be accepted and loved by your family :

1. If your parents ask you if you have prayed (any of the 5 prayers of the day), you should never hesitate (not even for a second) to reply positively. Always say yes to any prayers you are asked about. You will be praised by your parents. If necessary always have a little story to backup how and when you prayed if they ask you.

2. Apply the same concept to Quran or any other religious activity that they only ask about, but might not be there to see you do it. Just lie, that you did it! Simple!

3. From time to time you will have to pray in their presence. Do it !. Before every prayer, you have to go to the bathroom and wash yourself in a specific and ritualistic manner. It's a whole crazy set of moves that you have to do exactly in the right way. Easy! Just Don't do it! No one is watching you in the bathroom (not even God because he doesn't exist). The end result of that whole washing ritual before very prayer when any muslim finally comes out their face, arms and feet are wet (makes you wonder why just don't do that directly). Anyways, Just go , throw water on your face, dip your feet in a bucket and throw water on your arms (wait for at least 5 min, play on the iPhone ) then come out, pretending that you have done the whole deal.
Now it's time to pray.Unless they are standing there to watch the entire prayer (which isn't common), you don't have to do the whole thing. If you have to go down on the ground four times, do it 2 times, while they in the room, and just sit on the floor for a few minutes and continue when they walk in (be in the right position though). Or just think of it as a silly exercise. You don't have to memorize and recite all that crap in ancient arabic. Just sit and stand 4 times. Not too difficult, but will save you a load of trouble. And again, if your parents see you do it, they will praise you and love you. (sad but true).
4. You can basically apply the the above rules to every little islamic ritual. Pretend you like it, in fact act like you love it, talk about it for those 2 minutes when you are actually talking with your parents. You don't have to believe in anything. Just do like I did. Live a double life. Live like you have a multiple personality. Be a religious pious muslim child at home who is adored by every muslim soul, and every day when you step out of the house, do whatever the fuck you want, be the person who you really want to be.
5. She can't monitor you every single second of the day. You want to watch movies, you can do that in your room. You want to masturbate, do that in the privacy of your room. You want to drink, have fun, party, you can do all of that (don't drink too much though), but always keep everything hidden. Have a story for everything and everyday, for everything non-islamic you have done.
6. If you have a girlfriend, and she is not a muslim, explain to her your problem, and tell her why you can never let your family know about her. Maybe she will understand.
7. No matter what you do, never tell her you are an atheist, and absolutely never tell anyone in your family that you are a bisexual. I know there are bisexual muslim men out there too, but rarely any of them will be an atheist. So, a simple advice, keep away from other muslim bisexual or gay men. They might accept you for being bisexual but they may still hurt you for being an atheist.

I know, all of this doesn't sound like a great life, but I have had to live like this for many years, until I finally got out. Now I can do whatever I want. No one knows me, and I can be whoever I want. Now, I only have to pretend for a few days each year when I see my parents.

He only has to do this for a year.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post
09-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Quote:He only has to do this for a year.

A year is a long time.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
11-10-2014, 01:36 PM
I actually think she begun to get a bit suspicious she become more broad with her dis like for gay and transsexual people,
also she been spouting non-sense on how god send down disease to wipe out all the bad people and how the reason Liberia is going through so much hardship is because a woman is leading them and a woman can never lead men. moments like those I'm happy I'm taught my self how to have a blank or smiling face
11-10-2014, 01:54 PM
(11-10-2014 01:36 PM)Icesoul17 Wrote:  I actually think she begun to get a bit suspicious she become more broad with her dis like for gay and transsexual people,
also she been spouting non-sense on how god send down disease to wipe out all the bad people and how the reason Liberia is going through so much hardship is because a woman is leading them and a woman can never lead men. moments like those I'm happy I'm taught my self how to have a blank or smiling face

It is indeed true that in the Qur'an, it is said basically that women are below men; they must be subordinate to men in the book.

This of course begs the question as to why she believes she can order you around as per the religion, I've never heard of any matriarchy-supporting verses...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.