Hello! So glad to finally find y'all.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2016, 02:39 AM
RE: Hello! So glad to finally find y'all.
Welcome Smile

I think you raised your kids as you thought best at the time. That's fair enough. Now that they're adults, whatever their starting point, it's up to them to figure stuff out. IMO even though indoctrination is somewhat bad, if they had a happy home that's worth far more.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-08-2016, 05:37 AM
Welcome

[Image: giphy.gif]
15-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Welcome. We do the best we know for our children. If our best changes, we should not kick ourselves for it. I'm still working on that, myself. Though it turns out that my children are all atheists.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
05-12-2016, 12:53 AM
Thank you for the comments about the kids and having raised them (homeschooling) in the fundamentalist belief system - "we do the best we know for our children" is true, and such a kind and compassionate answer. I do also kick myself, still, but they are young adults now, they will make their own choices. I find myself frequently sending them links to interesting SCIENCE-based articles, etc. (not necessarily contradictory to faith/religion, just want them to know that I think science and evidence-based thinking is so very important!) I have no plans to try to "de-convert" them, as I'm not interested in hurting my husband or causing strife, but if I can get them thinking more logically, I will be happy with that (for now). Wink

I really appreciate all of you taking time to reply, and apologize for taking SO long to visit again... will try to do better! These days, I don't spend as much time on the computer as I used to, since getting a smart-phone... but they're not the best for forums!

In ancient Egypt, cats were worshipped as gods.... they have never forgotten this
(And yes, that gorgeous creature in my avatar is my very own lovely psycho-kitty-Queen)
[+] 2 users Like Closet-Heathen's post