Hello TTA!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2014, 08:53 AM
RE: Hello TTA!
Welcome Cheesy, awesome username!!

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Hello TTA!
(10-01-2014 05:11 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 03:22 AM)Cheesus christ Wrote:  As for the secular part, yes it is a secular state! Founder of Turkey Mustafa Kemal did his best work to keep the state secular. However as for the last 10 years, things have started to change here. Law wise, Turkey is still a secular state. However government clearly indicates itself as a moderate islamic one.

Welcome to the forum.

A few weeks ago we had a silly Muslim Chechen who was living in Turkey telling us all sorts of nonsense about Islam and Turkey. Amongst other things this person insisted that Turkey is an Islamic state. I mentioned Ataturk and his secularisation of Turkey and the current Turkish constitution but this person did not even appear to have any clue about the hisory of Turkey or the historical importance of Ataturk. Is this typical of Muslim migrants to Turkey? Are these fanatic Muslims from broken countries like Chechnya a threat to the secular state of Turkey?

You must be embarassed about Adnan Oktar (aka Harun Yahya)--I would be. He brings shame to Turkey with his idiotic--Saudi sponsored--books. I would like to read you opinion on his TV show:

Are they discussing creationism and Islam?

Wink
Thanks for the welcome!

There are no direct threats from migrants towards secularism of the state, however minorities are causing serious problems against the state itself. Especially through terrorism, Kurds are a bit are troubling right now. But then again they are after something else.

However, I'd say regular Turkish muslims are starting to be a direct threat against secularism right now. Current government is turning the state into an islamic one and also taking "Turkish" identity away from it. Even the president himself openly insulsts Mustafa Kemal these days so you can tell what they think of Mustafa Kemal's reformations.

As for the Harun Yahya part i'll be answering under your topic again, see you under that thread!

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid463366

And thanks everyone else for their replies Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cheesus christ's post