Hello There!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2011, 05:11 PM

Hello There!
My name is Frederick Madden, I am 26 and a Soldier in the US Army Reserve. I took the title of Atheist when I was thirteen, but couldn't believe in God since I was seven. My mother, sister, and I lived with my grandma, who was Lutheran. she ha us go to church with her on Sundays. My mother, being Agnostic, taught me to think for myself and never buy into anything just because someone said to.

With that said, after one sermon, I asked the pastor why we had to listen to him and the Bible if we could learn from nature. I got the expected rant of "You are a sinner and will go to hell if you don't accept God's word." He asked my mother to speak with him about what I said, then he told us not to come back. My mother far from minded.

Well, that is enough of how I came to be where I am today. I look forward to getting to know you all.
Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2011, 12:24 PM
RE: Hello There!
Sounds like a good start, I'll be here to welcome you along with the rest of course, just jump into our heated debates and discussions.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2011, 02:31 PM
RE: Hello There!
Looks like there ARE atheists in foxholes after all...

Welcome!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply