Hello Thinkers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2011, 03:01 PM

Hello Thinkers!
Hello, my name is Seno(yes my actual name :o).
I turned 17 recently and have been an Atheist for a little over a year now.

I was a strong believer in God all my life until I began questioning my beliefs when I was 15. I was one of those believers that literally ignored all evidence in order to justify believing in God. Evolution was a big time lie by scientists to make people think they were animals during those days(boy do I feel ashamed to admit that).

Ever since becoming an Atheist I have changed for the better. I look at life with a much better outlook, and overall have become a better person.
I've also fallen in love with the Universe since becoming an Atheist. There is so much to be learned from it and as my biggest inspiration the great Carl Sagan said "I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand these cosmos, in which we float like a moat of dust in the morning sky."

I hope I'm welcomed into this community of free thinkers and can learn much more while I'm here. Thank you.
Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2011, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 10:19 PM by defacto7.)
RE: Hello Thinkers!
Welcome Seno!

Wow, to have the opportunity to be free of religious mind clutter at your age. I wish I could have had that freedom!

You're a lucky person!

Enjoy the site... lots to soak in here and a lot of interesting people.

Cheers!

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2011, 09:17 AM
RE: Hello Thinkers!
Welcome to the Forums! Big Grin I know what you mean about falling in love with the universe! Once you start actually learning instead of picking and choosing what you like and what you don't like, the world really opens up, right? Smile

Hope you enjoy it here! Big Grin

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply