Hello To All Of You !!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Hello To All Of You !!
Hey my name is Gary I don't know if I am suppose to be posting this here, but I am new here, I am 48 years old, and on my way to becoming an Atheist. I was a christian for many years then I was pagan, now I consider myself Atheist but I have a problem with something, I am not a science thinking kind of person and when I was a christian I was taught that there were no such thing as dinosaurs and I have always kept a hold of this through all my changes in thought, heck to be honest my wife and daughter both total atheist lovingly pick on me over the belief that I have that there have never really been dinosaurs. If some of you could help me in my last steps to becoming Atheist maybe by helping me in understanding something like the above that would be great!

Yes, I posted this in the Introduce Yourself Here thread, I thought I'd repost it in it's own thread sorry if I did something I'm not suppose to do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like gacatmandu's post
06-06-2014, 04:03 PM
RE: Hello To All Of You !!
Welcome,
Go to a natural history museum pronto!
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
06-06-2014, 05:54 PM
(06-06-2014 03:52 PM)gacatmandu Wrote:  Hey my name is Gary I don't know if I am suppose to be posting this here, but I am new here, I am 48 years old, and on my way to becoming an Atheist. I was a christian for many years then I was pagan, now I consider myself Atheist but I have a problem with something, I am not a science thinking kind of person and when I was a christian I was taught that there were no such thing as dinosaurs and I have always kept a hold of this through all my changes in thought, heck to be honest my wife and daughter both total atheist lovingly pick on me over the belief that I have that there have never really been dinosaurs. If some of you could help me in my last steps to becoming Atheist maybe by helping me in understanding something like the above that would be great!

Yes, I posted this in the Introduce Yourself Here thread, I thought I'd repost it in it's own thread sorry if I did something I'm not suppose to do.

Welcome to sanity, this is the logical area of the web Yes

Contrary to what your preacher told you, the earth isn't flat, there isn't enough water on or in the earth to do a never happened global flood, no one who wrote of jesus actually met him, there is zero physical evidence of jesus, none of the books are authored by who you think they are in the bible, or even in the century you think...and yes, dinosaurs existed and they lived millions of years ago. Creationists will wave that aside and say that dating methods aren't accurate, actually they are...very much so.....any other fairy tales I can assist you in moving beyond? Drooling

welcome aboard!..again!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
06-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Welcome, here is your welcome gecko.

[Image: 3282146.jpg?604]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
06-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Hello and welcome Gary!

I'm progressively learning to love science. The people here have been so kind and helpful with me, as I'm sure you'll see soon enough!

Good to have you with us. Yes

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
07-06-2014, 01:55 PM
(06-06-2014 03:52 PM)gacatmandu Wrote:  Hey my name is Gary I don't know if I am suppose to be posting this here, but I am new here, I am 48 years old, and on my way to becoming an Atheist. I was a christian for many years then I was pagan, now I consider myself Atheist but I have a problem with something, I am not a science thinking kind of person and when I was a christian I was taught that there were no such thing as dinosaurs and I have always kept a hold of this through all my changes in thought, heck to be honest my wife and daughter both total atheist lovingly pick on me over the belief that I have that there have never really been dinosaurs. If some of you could help me in my last steps to becoming Atheist maybe by helping me in understanding something like the above that would be great!

Its funny that. I was born Jewish (not a Jew, but Jew-ish, emphasis on the ish) My mother told me her father was a rabbi, in Poland, but she joined the Communists and came to South Africa where I was born, so she never told me much about Jewishness, so I had to sort of pick it up for myself. I did some Barmizvah lessons, where we learned to read Hebrew texts which said that god made the universe in six days and all that. At about the same age I started reading children's books about evolutionary biology which left out a lot of the long words and discovered that the world could not have been made in six days, so I stopped believing in god.
When I told my friends this, they were quite shocked. My advice to you is read a book called God is not Great by Christopher Hitchens. It will help to clarify stuff. Joe Fajerman
09-06-2014, 03:26 AM

Don't worry. I did the same, plus pasting the same stuff in my Bio ...

Your 48 years indeed is quite some journey. I sincerely hope you will feel wirthwhile after you've reach the place where you are on your way to.

Welcome.[Image: bee3ef62gw1ef7z4j8160g201e01ewey.gif]

Want something? Then do something.
10-06-2014, 12:34 AM
(06-06-2014 03:52 PM)gacatmandu Wrote:  my wife and daughter both total atheist lovingly pick on me over the belief that I have that there have never really been dinosaurs.

Lovingly pick on you? No, we downright mock and rag on you for it. Your argument against the existence of dinosaurs is invalid and frankly makes me think you are tetched. It's one thing to not be science minded, and not understand the more complicated aspects of evolution, extinction, climate change, etc. but when you reject concepts that a 7 year old comprehends then I have to believe that you are willfully ignorant.

It may take the rest of your life, but I'll fix it!

Rawr, BTW.
[+] 2 users Like Rockingrandma's post
10-06-2014, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2014 01:50 AM by Banjo.)
Check out this interesting site.

And welcome!

Here is your welcome plesiosaur.
[Image: cryptoclidus_juvenile_london2.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
10-06-2014, 01:43 AM
Hiiii! And Paleo, I love that particular gecko.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.