Hello To All Of You !!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2014, 02:33 AM
RE: Hello To All Of You !!
(10-06-2014 01:43 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Check out this interesting site.

Unless a dinosaur walks through our yard then they don't exist. They can't exist because he's never seen one. No, seriously. Bones and fossils don't count and I have no idea why.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2014, 03:49 AM
(06-06-2014 05:54 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 03:52 PM)gacatmandu Wrote:  Hey my name is Gary I don't know if I am suppose to be posting this here, but I am new here, I am 48 years old, and on my way to becoming an Atheist. I was a christian for many years then I was pagan, now I consider myself Atheist but I have a problem with something, I am not a science thinking kind of person and when I was a christian I was taught that there were no such thing as dinosaurs and I have always kept a hold of this through all my changes in thought, heck to be honest my wife and daughter both total atheist lovingly pick on me over the belief that I have that there have never really been dinosaurs. If some of you could help me in my last steps to becoming Atheist maybe by helping me in understanding something like the above that would be great!

Yes, I posted this in the Introduce Yourself Here thread, I thought I'd repost it in it's own thread sorry if I did something I'm not suppose to do.

Welcome to sanity, this is the logical area of the web Yes

Contrary to what your preacher told you, the earth isn't flat, there isn't enough water on or in the earth to do a never happened global flood, no one who wrote of jesus actually met him, there is zero physical evidence of jesus, none of the books are authored by who you think they are in the bible, or even in the century you think...and yes, dinosaurs existed and they lived millions of years ago. Creationists will wave that aside and say that dating methods aren't accurate, actually they are...very much so.....any other fairy tales I can assist you in moving beyond? Drooling

welcome aboard!..again!

follow the Christopher Hitchens line
10-06-2014, 07:48 AM
Hi and welcome!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-06-2014, 02:13 PM
(10-06-2014 12:34 AM)Rockingrandma Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 03:52 PM)gacatmandu Wrote:  my wife and daughter both total atheist lovingly pick on me over the belief that I have that there have never really been dinosaurs.
It may take the rest of your life, but I'll fix it!

Are we going to have to separate you two? Wink

Gacatmandu... there were dinosaurs at one time. There weren't any living during the time in which distant primates began evolving into modern humans. They died off long before that. For further reading, maybe check out some of the threads in the science section. There are plenty of threads all over the forum which address dinosaurs... don't hesitate to inquire ... it's always good to learn new things.

This is a global forum so there are always interesting discussions from a diverse group. Both Gacatmandu and Rockingrandma, feel free to jump right in.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the forums!

That's a rather bizarre view. I thought that most biblical literalists just thought that humans and prehistoric animals such as dinosaurs co-existed, not that they didn't exist. Was that a viewpoint espoused by the church you used to be part of, or was that just a conclusion you drew on your own?

[Image: giphy.gif]
11-06-2014, 09:23 AM
[Image: devil.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
11-06-2014, 02:56 PM
(11-06-2014 09:20 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Welcome to the forums!

That's a rather bizarre view. I thought that most biblical literalists just thought that humans and prehistoric animals such as dinosaurs co-existed, not that they didn't exist. Was that a viewpoint espoused by the church you used to be part of, or was that just a conclusion you drew on your own?

It was taught at a church I once attended, a long time ago, but wasn't the viewpoint of all churches I had attended. Just basically one, and it was just something I latched onto while I was christian.
11-06-2014, 03:02 PM
(11-06-2014 02:56 PM)gacatmandu Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 09:20 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Welcome to the forums!

It was taught at a church I once attended, a long time ago, but wasn't the viewpoint of all churches I had attended. Just basically one, and it was just something I latched onto while I was christian.

I'm curious, you're no longer christian so you've abandoned that fairy tale. Thumbsup
Why do you continue to hang onto this one? Huh
11-06-2014, 03:05 PM
(10-06-2014 01:43 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Check out this interesting site.

And welcome!

Here is your welcome plesiosaur.
[Image: cryptoclidus_juvenile_london2.jpg]

Trying to steal my thing? I got you

[Image: tumblr_lvrf58vBkL1qibz0jo1_r1_500.png]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-06-2014, 08:11 AM
(11-06-2014 03:02 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 02:56 PM)gacatmandu Wrote:  It was taught at a church I once attended, a long time ago, but wasn't the viewpoint of all churches I had attended. Just basically one, and it was just something I latched onto while I was christian.

I'm curious, you're no longer christian so you've abandoned that fairy tale. Thumbsup
Why do you continue to hang onto this one? Huh

That is a question that I can't really answer right now sorry. Smile