Hello World!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Hello World!
I would like to introduce myself to the atheist community and where I come from. I am Chandler Isaac Klebs. I have a blog, YouTube channel, and a few books for sale on Amazon. Ironically, I actually have no close friends in my life. The people on my Facebook friends list are mostly people who only know me from churches I have been in. I have recently had many changes in what I believe. My confusion can clearly be seen from my videos and blog posts. However, I see no attempt by anyone to correct me or to reconvert me to Christianity.

I am no longer able to call myself a Christian. This is not because I have any problem with God. Rather, it is that I feel as though there is not much of a difference between a Christian and a nazi. The hatred they have for people who are different from them is impossible to ignore.

I am also unable to see people as sinners or to believe that asking Jesus to come into their heart has the power to produce positive change. If it did then I would see an entirely different attitude coming from those who do so.

I am honest enough to say that I am not an atheist, but my view of God is far too different to possibly use the bible as any kind of description or comparison to the creator of the universe.

I know that I am young and will probably find the answer to my questions, but right now my loneliness is unbearable.

Community and honest conversation is what I crave.
I respect honest people even if I disagree with them. My trouble with religious people is how they pretend to love people and yet they care nothing about the people except bringing them to their church to convince them they must give ten percent of their income in their plate.

Will atheists will be my friends or will I be shunned like I was by the Christians?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2013, 09:04 AM
RE: Hello World!
Welcome aboard. You will not be shunned because you are not an atheist. Respect the forum rules and you'll be fine.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
18-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Howdy!

[Image: opforum1.png]
18-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Welcome Smile

Just to give you a heads up, this bit:
Quote:Will atheists will be my friends or will I be shunned like I was by the Christians?
depends on how you conduct yourself and who you're talking to.

You'll find that mostly we don't really give a damn either way, and it's easy enough to be friends with people *but* we're also not averse to a bit of argy-bargy if we feel the situation warrants it, so... if you do get hit on the head with a brick, just remember we never promised not to Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-11-2013, 09:42 AM
(18-11-2013 09:04 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  ...
You will not be shunned because you are not an atheist.

Double negative. Meaning you will be shunned if you are an atheist? Laughat

Welcome, Chandler Isaac Klebs.

(Dagnammit, that's such a Jewish sounding name.)

Worry not, there are a few theists / spiritualists / deists / etc. hanging around here.

We've tried to make them leave (their faiths) but they are stubborn fuckers.

Intellectual honesty is all it takes to fit in here but even that is not obligatory.

Smile

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
18-11-2013, 09:47 AM
(18-11-2013 09:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 09:04 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  ...
You will not be shunned because you are not an atheist.

Double negative. Meaning you will be shunned if you are an atheist? Laughat

Welcome, Chandler Isaac Klebs.

(Dagnammit, that's such a Jewish sounding name.)

Worry not, there are a few theists / spiritualists / deists / etc. hanging around here.

We've tried to make them leave (their faiths) but they are stubborn fuckers.

Intellectual honesty is all it takes to fit in here but even that is not obligatory.

Smile

I knew this when I posted but I hadn't had coffee yet. I was too exhausted to fix it.Drinking Beverage

I still haven't had enough coffee.Weeping

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
18-11-2013, 09:57 AM
(18-11-2013 09:47 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I still haven't had enough coffee.Weeping
Ah yes, the eternal problem, as yet unproven. *Is it* in fact possible to have enough coffee ?

Drinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
18-11-2013, 09:59 AM
(18-11-2013 08:59 AM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I would like to introduce myself to the atheist community and where I come from. I am Chandler Isaac Klebs. I have a blog, YouTube channel, and a few books for sale on Amazon. Ironically, I actually have no close friends in my life. The people on my Facebook friends list are mostly people who only know me from churches I have been in. I have recently had many changes in what I believe. My confusion can clearly be seen from my videos and blog posts. However, I see no attempt by anyone to correct me or to reconvert me to Christianity.

I am no longer able to call myself a Christian. This is not because I have any problem with God. Rather, it is that I feel as though there is not much of a difference between a Christian and a nazi. The hatred they have for people who are different from them is impossible to ignore.

I am also unable to see people as sinners or to believe that asking Jesus to come into their heart has the power to produce positive change. If it did then I would see an entirely different attitude coming from those who do so.

I am honest enough to say that I am not an atheist, but my view of God is far too different to possibly use the bible as any kind of description or comparison to the creator of the universe.

I know that I am young and will probably find the answer to my questions, but right now my loneliness is unbearable.

Community and honest conversation is what I crave.
I respect honest people even if I disagree with them. My trouble with religious people is how they pretend to love people and yet they care nothing about the people except bringing them to their church to convince them they must give ten percent of their income in their plate.

Will atheists will be my friends or will I be shunned like I was by the Christians?

Welcome....few here are shunned; I seriously doubt you will be.
So.....have at it....get a conversation started or join one in progress....

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
18-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Hi CK and welcome, anyone who shuns you here is an Ass so just ignore them.
Young and old here , kind and cruel (pssst ...the cruel ones have negative rep)

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
18-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi Chandler, I also came here because I am a bit lonely, although mostly my loneliness is the lack of atheists in my own life. I found your introduction title, "Hello World!" interesting because that is usually the first project given to a Computer Science class.

Anyways, I hope that you find something here that comforts you. I am new here as well.

Oh and for the most part, I don't think shunning is a huge issue. You can run into dicks here and there who call you an idiot for not thinking like them, but hey, those type of people are all over the place.