Hello World!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2013, 03:21 PM
RE: Hello World!
Welcome.

And, no you won't be shunned for what you believe.

Just act like a decent human being and you'll be fine.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2013, 03:33 PM
(18-11-2013 03:14 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hi Chandler, I also came here because I am a bit lonely, although mostly my loneliness is the lack of atheists in my own life. I found your introduction title, "Hello World!" interesting because that is usually the first project given to a Computer Science class.

Anyways, I hope that you find something here that comforts you. I am new here as well.

Oh and for the most part, I don't think shunning is a huge issue. You can run into dicks here and there who call you an idiot for not thinking like them, but hey, those type of people are all over the place.

Actually, I chose the Hello World! title because I have been programming for years and it is the first program presented in books and tutorials.

I suppose that being a computer nerd does contribute to my loneliness as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Hello shun fearing nerd ChandlerK! Glad you're here. You sound a bit tired of bullshit - understandable. Can't promise you won't find any here... we're a bit of a messy and jumbled bunch, sometimes. We're an international crowd with a broad perspective.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-11-2013, 03:48 PM
(18-11-2013 03:33 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I suppose that being a computer nerd does contribute to my loneliness as well.

Hard life loving stuff without a disk drive or a USB port huh ? But you know you can *picture* it as a USB port in your mind, makes it easier Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-11-2013, 04:25 PM
(18-11-2013 03:33 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  Actually, I chose the Hello World! title because I have been programming for years and it is the first program presented in books and tutorials.

I suppose that being a computer nerd does contribute to my loneliness as well.

Hah, I thought that might be the case. I got my degree in Computer Science, so I've had my share of Hello World projects!

Having computers be such a huge part of my life, I think, may have had an impact on my social life when I was younger. I have been sharing myself online since I was 10 or so...16 years ago...pretty openly. But in person, I never learned how to really be affectionate in real life interactions. I've never been awkward socially, but I also was afraid to hug ANYBODY or talk about my feelings out loud up until I was 21 or 22. It took a bit of work at personal improvement to remedy that.

Anyways, that's sort of an aside, but I guess I'm just saying that if you have gone through anything like that, I slightly get you haha.