Hello, a Freethinking Catholic has joined you.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2011, 12:56 AM
RE: Hello, a Freethinking Catholic has joined you.
(21-12-2011 12:49 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-12-2011 12:42 AM)Nagoda Wrote:  
(21-12-2011 12:41 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-12-2011 12:08 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I really like that king has added you to his harem. Try not to stay too long =p

Do you think that was KC's way of saying he's made Nagoda his bitch? Big Grin

Excuse me? Bitch to a Calvinist? I think not!

True, I should have considered the chronology better. You should Inquisition KC's ass and turn him back to the true faith!

Oh man if only I was a douche like that! I once met a crazy catholic in a chatroom, who thought the Catholic Church should bring back the Hapsburg Empire and rule the world. I think he'd be a better candidate than me!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2011, 12:58 AM
(21-12-2011 12:56 AM)Nagoda Wrote:  
(21-12-2011 12:08 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I really like that king has added you to his harem. Try not to stay too long =p

True, I should have considered the chronology better. You should Inquisition KC's ass and turn him back to the true faith!

Oh man if only I was a douche like that! I once met a crazy catholic in a chatroom, who thought the Catholic Church should bring back the Hapsburg Empire and rule the world. I think he'd be a better candidate than me!

Did somebody say, Spanish Inquistion?

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquistition!!!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
21-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Thanks Nagoda! It's really kind of weird how close our theological beliefs are. Besides a few minor things and the belief of free will, we are pretty parallel. Amillennialism power!

There you go... starting trouble again.

*shakes fist*

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
21-12-2011, 10:40 AM

coughJEWScough
coughJESUScough
coughPAULcough

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
21-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Really I have a huge issue with contraceptive bans as well. Mine is actually with people who want to overly propagate. Most of my deeply religious family members have like 5 kids within a year each. These families are also poor country families who can't possibly afford 5 children. Their hope is that the older kids will watch the younger kids, but a 5 year old can't handle a 4, 3, 2, and 1 year old.

I seriously feel that there is a limit to what you should put on your plate at a time. If two kids is proving to be too much work don't have kid #3 yet!!!! The serious serious issue with this is that if the kids are too close in years they find out real easily who is preferred over who. One of my cousins has a kid designated as the problem who is blamed for everything, (yay for the hebrew notion of scape goating!!!) she's used to this now and gets blamed by not only her siblings, her mom, her dad, and her grandma so you know she's gonna have a good life. Oh what did she do that gives her this horrible position? She's partially deaf so she doesn't always hear what's said.

Don't have more babies than you need. The world does not need that many babies.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
21-12-2011, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 06:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-12-2011 11:10 PM)Nagoda Wrote:  
(20-12-2011 01:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ok time fer sum question'n:

1) Do you believe in the infallibility of the Bible?
15) Do you believe in a literal Satan?

1. I will take Vatican II's stance on this: when it comes to issues of salvation, yes. Everything else, no. Will it contradict itself on matters of salvation? Yes, most likely. But that's for me to deal with and figure out. Didn't say it was easy.
15. Do I think there was fallen angel called Lucifer who became the Devil? No. Do I think there are malevolent spirits who have a leader who is opposed to God and has been evil form the get go, and whom many call the Devil, Satan etc? Absolutely. I've had religious experiences of both sides that have lead to my beliefs.

Sounds like every other Catholic I know. You can still be reasonable while maintaining metaphysical delusions, they are not mutually exclusive. Pure Kantian rationality is likely unachievable, but who the fuck wants to live that way anyway?

Welcome Catholic!

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.