Hello again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 02:20 AM
Hello again
It has been a while, so Hello Smile
I just wanted to reach out, for some.. advice, input.. words.
I wanted this post here because, I dont know where it will go.

It has been several months since I have given up my religion. It was super easy once I just let go. It almost feels like now, I am in a relationship that I rushed. Easy as cake at first, now.. I have some feelings.
Now the point I am at.. I miss the church, my old church.. before the preacher stepped down. I miss the fellowship and the studies.
I find myself a lot getting talked to about God.. the security guard at work mentioned something to me about God. Strange.. but he creeps me out anyway.
If I hear someone doubting God, or their beliefs.. I lend a bit of what I know out to help them. I kind of miss being that person too. I dont give them the atheist point of view, I give them the one they know, just to help them out a bit.

I dont know if this is a normal thing? Should I be missing the church?

Thanks for reading Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Jewelarcher's post
22-03-2017, 02:22 AM
RE: Hello again
Hello! Big Grin

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
22-03-2017, 02:26 AM
(22-03-2017 02:22 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello! Big Grin

Hug

Hi! Heart
22-03-2017, 02:43 AM
(22-03-2017 02:20 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  It has been a while, so Hello Smile

It has been several months since I have given up my religion. It was super easy once I just let go. It almost feels like now, I am in a relationship that I rushed. Easy as cake at first, now.. I have some feelings.
Now the point I am at.. I miss the church, my old church.. before the preacher stepped down. I miss the fellowship and the studies.
I find myself a lot getting talked to about God.. the security guard at work mentioned something to me about God. Strange.. but he creeps me out anyway.
If I hear someone doubting God, or their beliefs.. I lend a bit of what I know out to help them. I kind of miss being that person too. I dont give them the atheist point of view, I give them the one they know, just to help them out a bit.

Thanks for reading Heart

Missed having you here! Also maybe you just miss the familiarity? It was a big part of your life.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-03-2017, 02:59 AM
(22-03-2017 02:43 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 02:20 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  It has been a while, so Hello Smile

Thanks for reading Heart

Missed having you here! Also maybe you just miss the familiarity? It was a big part of your life.

im here sometimes, just reading things.. never have too much to say though Smile
that sounds like a legit reason. I did spend a lot of time there, and hanging out with the people from the church. We did bon fires most holidays.. I would go watch fireworks with them.. I even got invited to the preachers family dinner. once the church split it wasnt the same and it was not worth going still.. even now i think i would still enjoy the fellowship..
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
22-03-2017, 03:08 AM
(22-03-2017 02:59 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 02:43 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Missed having you here! Also maybe you just miss the familiarity? It was a big part of your life.

im here sometimes, just reading things.. never have too much to say though Smile
that sounds like a legit reason. I did spend a lot of time there, and hanging out with the people from the church. We did bon fires most holidays.. I would go watch fireworks with them.. I even got invited to the preachers family dinner. once the church split it wasnt the same and it was not worth going still.. even now i think i would still enjoy the fellowship..

Well just say hi once and a while Tongue and sounds like you had fun.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-03-2017, 03:24 AM
(22-03-2017 02:20 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I dont know if this is a normal thing? Should I be missing the church?

You do you. I'm not seeing how it is abnormal to miss a sense of community. Atheist is the thing to be, but community wise it kinda sux. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-03-2017, 03:30 AM
(22-03-2017 03:24 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Atheist is the thing to be, but community wise it kinda sux. Tongue

Aye Undecided Church is nice in that sense. Really can bind a community together. And fuck over outsiders, naturally.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
22-03-2017, 03:52 AM
Yes, it's normal to miss your social group, the social interaction with the people with whom you were (are) close. Church is, underneath it all, a social community first and foremost. It's just one that teaches magic is real and has some odd ceremonies.

But all of us are creatures with a love of group activities and ceremony, on some level. It would be odd if you did not miss that, unless you left the church because your social group was abusive and/or dysfunctional.

I would recommend finding groups that do volunteer work on weekends (not necessarily a charity-- there are local progressive politicians who could use some help), or other forms of social activities that let you exercise your brain and spend time with people who care about big issues and about one another. You can look for local Secular Humanist organizations and other atheism-related clubs, as well.

You will find before long that it's nicer to be around people who don't spend their time worrying about magical woo-woo, and that your social ties are just as strong as what you're now missing. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
22-03-2017, 04:07 AM
(22-03-2017 03:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 03:24 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Atheist is the thing to be, but community wise it kinda sux. Tongue

Aye Undecided Church is nice in that sense. Really can bind a community together. And fuck over outsiders, naturally.

"Us vs Them" wouldn't be hanging around so long if it didn't work. Gwynnite has a tough row to hoe. :/

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post