Hello all!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Hello all!
Hello! I am a secular humanist with Buddhist leanings but am most certainly not a theist. I live in the Deep South (United States) and feel isolated by my lack of Christian beliefs. I have been very open about not being a Christian but I have thinking about shoving myself into the atheist closet because I have lost so many friendships over it. I hope that this forum will help me feel less alone and like my beliefs are valid.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like historyhistory's post
10-01-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: Hello all!
(10-01-2015 09:29 PM)historyhistory Wrote:  Hello! I am a secular humanist with Buddhist leanings but am most certainly not a theist. I live in the Deep South (United States) and feel isolated by my lack of Christian beliefs. I have been very open about not being a Christian but I have thinking about shoving myself into the atheist closet because I have lost so many friendships over it. I hope that this forum will help me feel less alone and like my beliefs are valid.

Welcome.

Interesting namename.

Mods, could you move this to the intro section?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Hi Welcome
I'm new hear too.
10-01-2015, 10:05 PM
Hi and welcome. I'm new too. I'm just learning how to post replys.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM's post
10-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Welcome!
10-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Re: Hello all!
Welcome aboard.
10-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Living in the south is...interesting. I've been there.
Regardless of if you're atheist or theist and regardless of where you live, I think it's best not to talk about religion too much. Lest you become "that guy".
Anyways, it's nice to meet you and I hope you feel as welcomed here as I did Smile

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
10-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Banana_zorro

yay! Another one from the south!

I'm a damn yankee, moved south and stayed. Tongue

which backwards state are you from? I'm in the Carolinas.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-01-2015, 10:37 AM
(10-01-2015 11:38 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Banana_zorro

yay! Another one from the south!

I'm a damn yankee, moved south and stayed. Tongue

which backwards state are you from? I'm in the Carolinas.

I am from Louisiana! I haven't lived here my entire life, just from high school through college. I was born in Utah, moved to Washington, then TX (my first taste of the South) and now Louisiana, whose education system is a real joke. But, I have lived in the South for the majority of my life now. How long have you been a southerner?
11-01-2015, 10:37 AM
Welcome aboard! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume