Hello, all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2015, 07:48 AM
RE: Hello, all
(15-01-2015 07:45 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Welcome to TTA! Hope you like theotrolls!

AF once had a frequent theist called Statler Waldorf who continually denied evidence. He made a post one day about how dinosaur bones/fossils were faked - something involving chicken bones or some shit like that. We made a pretty epic thread that started with feeding him all the information 4th graders learn about fossils and geology and paleontology, which was still too complex for him, and finally devolved into us cutting up his really long responses into little quotes and responding to them with a picture of a stegosaurus skeleton over and over.

You could say I've had some experience.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2015, 07:50 AM

I don't get people like that. *Why* do they do that kinda stuff? It must be 'cos they are genuinely dumb right? 'Cos they couldn't have the patience to repeat endless stupid shit ad nauseam if they were just trolling...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-01-2015, 07:53 AM
In the past 30 years I've learned that people will cling to something they either want to be right or need to feel is right in order to protect their ego, even when demonstrably wrong.

They do it all the time outside of religion, usually with anecdotes to back themselves up. We just don't point these instances out quite as often. Perhaps they're not as glaringly obvious when taken out of a religious or scientific context.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
[+] 2 users Like thesummerqueen's post
15-01-2015, 08:09 AM
(14-01-2015 11:53 PM)thesummerqueen Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 10:02 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  You shall hence forth be referred to as The Lady Titania.

No: you don't have a choice in the matter.

Welcome aboard.

That's kinda okay, because I just recently got out of a relationship with a complete and utter ass.

Orly?... Why don't you just go ahead and check-in over at the location thread? Angel
15-01-2015, 08:59 AM
(15-01-2015 08:09 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Orly?... Why don't you just go ahead and check-in over at the location thread? Angel

Come again?

Albert Camus
15-01-2015, 09:02 AM
(15-01-2015 04:58 AM)thesummerqueen Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 01:27 AM)gofish! Wrote:  CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Oh, and welcome. Smile

Now, if I don't live up to expectations, is that because *I'm * not entertaining...or because I'm not being entertained? Wink

Ma'am, you've already exceeded expectations. Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-01-2015, 09:05 AM
(15-01-2015 09:02 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 04:58 AM)thesummerqueen Wrote:  Now, if I don't live up to expectations, is that because *I'm * not entertaining...or because I'm not being entertained? Wink

Ma'am, you've already exceeded expectations. Drinking Beverage

Please let my mother know - I haven't become a lawyer or doctor yet so she's skeptical on my abilities to exceed at anything. Tongue

Albert Camus
[+] 1 user Likes thesummerqueen's post
15-01-2015, 09:12 AM
As I spend time over on your home turf I notice there are more theists of the “non-raving-lunatic-fringe” type there. What do you attribute this to?

We’ll trade you 2 for 1 and a player to be named later if you are game. Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-01-2015, 09:13 AM
Welcome aboard! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
15-01-2015, 09:15 AM
(15-01-2015 09:12 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  As I spend time over on your home turf I notice there are more theists of the “non-raving-lunatic-fringe” type there. What do you attribute this to?

We’ll trade you 2 for 1 and a player to be named later if you are game. Angel

Tiberius (and now the other mods) runs a tight ship and encourages open discourse. We have a fair number of ravers, but they're taken down quickly so their posts don't add up as quickly as the less-insane, or completely-sane types.

Albert Camus