Hello all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2016, 02:13 PM
Hello all
Hi, I'm new here, as you might have guessed. I'm 35 years old, married, have a wonderful wife, beautiful 7 year old daughter, and a son on the way. I'm 6' even but look much larger as I'm very broad. I look like an ill tempered old grizzly bear but I'm a big softy at heart.

I am currently unemployed and acting as the stay at home parent since my last full time job ruined both my wrists and stepping into a pothole on April First of all days resulted in a herniated disc that is causing my left leg no end of discomfort.

My hobbies and interests are D&D, MTG, RPG's such as Final Fantasy, LoZ, and Pokemon (including Go), YouTube, Fantasy / SciFi novels, and various movies and series.

My wife is a christian and I am a recent deconvert. We met church camp 19 years ago and have been together since, the first 3.5 years long distance (she lived in Northern Iowa and I Southern).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2016, 02:16 PM
RE: Hello all
Welcome.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
13-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Welcome aboard!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
13-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that you wrists/disc/leg are being pains.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
13-09-2016, 05:06 PM
(13-09-2016 02:13 PM)Jon_Falan Wrote:  Hi, I'm new here, as you might have guessed. I'm 35 years old, married, have a wonderful wife, beautiful 7 year old daughter, and a son on the way. I'm 6' even but look much larger as I'm very broad. I look like an ill tempered old grizzly bear but I'm a big softy at heart.

I am currently unemployed and acting as the stay at home parent since my last full time job ruined both my wrists and stepping into a pothole on April First of all days resulted in a herniated disc that is causing my left leg no end of discomfort.

My hobbies and interests are D&D, MTG, RPG's such as Final Fantasy, LoZ, and Pokemon (including Go), YouTube, Fantasy / SciFi novels, and various movies and series.

My wife is a christian and I am a recent deconvert. We met church camp 19 years ago and have been together since, the first 3.5 years long distance (she lived in Northern Iowa and I Southern).

Hug

Having a friend who had to undergo reconstructive type surgery on their wrists for a similar sounding injury I share/feel your pain.

Best wishes to you and yours.

I feel lucky. My worst injury was pretty much taking my right pinky finger off. About a day's worth of surgery put it/everything back... can't bend it worth peanuts but, hey, could have been worse!

Though, that was some time last century. I hear the surgery has gotten a lot better at putting things back on. Tongue

Hug
13-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Welcome!
13-09-2016, 06:38 PM
Thanks Peebothuhul, I'm currently undergoing PT for my back but I have no idea what to do for my wrists.

EDIT: Thanks for the arm welcome all. Sorry I hit send before I typed this.
13-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Welcome!

I can tell you're gonna fit right in, here. Smile

Also, you're welcome to join our Sunday D&D group. Check in on this thread:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ng-sign-up

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
13-09-2016, 07:57 PM
One of us, one of us...and by that I mean a fellow nerd/geek! Welcome to TTA!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-09-2016, 08:52 PM
One of us! One of us! Goobal Gobble, One of us!

lol

That I am and have been since I can remember. So finding a like minded group is very pleasant for me.
[+] 1 user Likes Jon_Falan's post