Hello all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Hello all
I am happy to introduce myself on this forum because I have enjoyed the TTA podcasts and like Seth Andrews. I am from Korea and I am a university student in Korea. My major is the computing science. I like the worldview based on reason and facts. This way of thinking makes me feel right and comportable. I don't know much about theology but I don't believe in God. So nice to see you all! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like bluepirate's post
23-02-2017, 09:12 AM
RE: Hello all
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-02-2017, 09:15 AM
Hi there! Welcome, we're glad to have you! Heart
23-02-2017, 09:26 AM
My best friend is teaching in Gwangju, South Korea, right now. He's been there for about four years.

If you run into him, please tell him I miss the hell out of him. So far, though, he refuses to return to the United States. Laugh out load

Welcome to TTA.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
23-02-2017, 09:29 AM
(23-02-2017 09:26 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  My best friend is teaching in Gwangju, South Korea, right now. He's been there for about four years.

If you run into him, please tell him I miss the hell out of him. So far, though, he refuses to return to the United States. Laugh out load

Welcome to TTA.

I have a friend who is teaching English in Korea right now, too! And another friend who did it in the past.

I'd love to go there some day.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
23-02-2017, 09:39 AM
Yaargh matey, welcome aboard this ship.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
23-02-2017, 09:44 AM
(23-02-2017 09:29 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 09:26 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  My best friend is teaching in Gwangju, South Korea, right now. He's been there for about four years.

Welcome to TTA.

I have a friend who is teaching English in Korea right now, too! And another friend who did it in the past.

I'd love to go there some day.

He's my former field research team partner at the Department of Environment... you get pretty close when you spend 10-12 hours a day either stuck in a state van full of equipment or crawling with all that equipment in every river and stream in the state! Laugh out load

But he's not "teaching English", per se. He's an introductory "Life Science" (biology) professor, part of a program at a small university in Gwangju (I forget which one) that teaches all classes in--and requires all papers to be writen in--English. Or at least, that's what he was doing last I spoke to him about his work... he was looking for another job at a different school because of disagreements with the way the staff operates, there.

They're apparently pretty serious. Undecided

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
23-02-2017, 09:46 AM
Welcome! Smile Reason and facts rule!

I'll give you a quick rundown of what theology is: make up anything you like, but make sure it can't be proved wrong.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
23-02-2017, 09:50 AM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
23-02-2017, 09:59 AM
Hi! I'm assuming that because you can even post here in the first place, that you're in South Korea?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk