Hello all!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Hello all!
ello everyone! I'm a 17 y.o. senior high school student from Finland, and I finally decided to join this site. I've watched many videos from YouTube, and they have given my lots of good information and thoughts concerning atheism, and the way I see life.

Okey so, a year back I was still a believer. I believed in God, the Bible and so on. My family weren't religious, but the local community was attractive, and many of my friends were there so, it felt like a good choice back then. I had my moment of doubts but hey, when you have a loving God on your side, what could possible affect your fate?

But, so it come down to that point, when I had no other choice than start to rethink my religious values. During one camp, I was a minor teacher (kind of a squad leader), and one of my pupils asked me:
"If God is good and all-loving, why does he slaughter small infants?"
And my answer was:
"Well, hmm, weeeellll..... you now, it goes like......."
And in my mind I were like:
"Bloody hell, I don't know!!"
I promised him, that I would ask the priest about it, and so I did. And the priest answer was:
"Not every God's action can be explained. You just have to trust him"

After that, I retreated to my room, and I read the Bible. And, I didn't find any answers. Nothing at all. It spoke so well about the sacrifice of Jesus, but it never justified the slaughter of innocents. Actually, it was more like that those who God has killed, deserved it.

Than time went by, and my doubts began to rise. In the teachings, nobody ever said a word about God's evil actions: it was all about praise and glory of the one almighty. My questions were never fully answered: they avoided the question with religious jargon, and the "Hey, God loves you, even though you are a doubting Thomas"

Then became the Grand Final. My community said, that there actually are those people, who can raise dead with their "god-given" magical powers. I said that if they have those powers, whey haven't I read their actions from a newspapers. The answer was:
"Because they wan't to serve God in silence, be like Jesus"
WTF, the mission of Jesus was to start a new religion and convert the whole world, and those guys would have the power to do so and they still don't show the world that "heyy, I have the power, and God is real"
That was the last time I were with that community. I walked away, and I began searching for atheist texts and opinions. Soon I realized, that those opinions were much better than what the church could provide for me.

Then I noticed, that atheism actually gives more peace to my life than the Christianity ever did. I see the world with new eyes now, and I'm so happy about it. No longer I must think everything as sinful and unpure, but I can finally enjoy life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LordiDraken's post
09-01-2012, 02:17 PM
RE: Hello all!
Welcome. I think you'll fit right in. There are several others who have had similar experiences as you.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
09-01-2012, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 03:03 PM by Observer.)
Welcome to the forum LordiDraken
have an insightful stay

To me it started too with the simple phrase: "I can't believe in a good and almighty God who allows children to die a slow and painful death of cancer"
(09-01-2012 02:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Welcome.
Shoo Christian!
Go away from the entrance!
You scare off the new members...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
09-01-2012, 02:37 PM
(09-01-2012 02:28 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Welcome to the forum LordiDraken
have an insightful stay

To me it started too with the simple phrase: "I can't believe in a good and almighty God who allows children to die a slow and painful death of cancer"
Shoo Christian!
You scare of the new members...

[Image: sad-puppy.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
09-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Hi LordiDraken - Just breaking free from the confusion of religion must be quite peaceful after struggle. There is a good group of people here; a variety of Atheists and some Theists, as well - it's great to exchange all the different views in one place.

Quote:kingschosen Wrote: Welcome.
________
The_observer Wrote:
Shoo Christian!

Oh, don't mind them... it's just one of our little love fights we have between Theist and Non-Theist now and then... you'll get used to it. Blush

Smile Welcome to the forum.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
09-01-2012, 03:59 PM
have an insightful stay

Shoo Christian!
You scare off the new members...

Actually, I don't have a problem with God allowing little children to die. I have a problem when he actually kills them by his own hand a.k.a. dying mysteriously in Egypt.
09-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Oh no... you've done it now T_O.
Whatever you do; Do NOT Look At The Puppy!

Undecided He has an unbelievable power.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
09-01-2012, 05:23 PM
(09-01-2012 02:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
have an insightful stay

Shoo Christian!

[Image: sad-puppy.jpg]

That damn puppy peed on the carpet again.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user