Hello all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Hello all
I'm new to the forums. I listen on occasion to the podcasts and really enjoy good discussions. I'm 27, currently living in Wichita, KS. I am in my 9th year of military service with the Air Force, have 2 girls and a boy on the way. I've been out as an atheist for about 3 years now. I was always a skeptical person but never applied it to religious claims until a few years back. I've never really experienced any negative feedback because I'm an open atheist/mild anti theist, in fact I've met quite a few like minded people in the military which is surprising to me. Anyway that's a long enough rant. I look forward to discussions on the forum. Take care.

I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2012, 06:36 PM
RE: Hello all
Welcome to the board, SlySwine! Strap yourself in; you're in for a wild ride! Smile

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
15-08-2012, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2012 06:58 PM by GirlyMan.)
Oink PonderousPorcine! ... I'm gonna end up just calling you itsapig 'cause we already got itsacow and I feel compelled to expand the farm.

(15-08-2012 06:21 PM)SlySwine Wrote:  I've never really experienced any negative feedback because I'm an open atheist/mild anti theist, in fact I've met quite a few like minded people in the military which is surprising to me.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Never had any hassle when I was in the USN 30 years ago for being an atheist. Military is the most tolerant environment I've ever seen. It should serve as an example for every business. It doesn't give a shit about your skin color, your metaphysics, your gender, or even sexual orientation (even before the recent official acceptance of homosexuals, back in my day there were plenty of gays, but we dealt with it with a wink and a nod. Submariners even had a joke about 150 men going under for 3 months and coming back as 75 couples. I realize that a wink and a nod was not the universal attitude which is why official policy had to change.) All they give a shit about is you doing your job.

And now, I'm going to Wichita.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Re: RE: Hello all

I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men.
15-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Welcome!

[Image: vjp09.gif]
16-08-2012, 07:08 AM
Welcome aboard!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume