Hello and podcast idea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Hello and podcast idea
It took a wonderful girlfriend to make my Atheism black and white. ( she is an ex and still wonderful)
I am also a Doctor that turned Vegan wondering why that took so long.

That leads to my thought that a podcast on the phenomena of the high percentage of Free thinkers are Vegan than the general population.

I have my thoughts on why but would like to see a show address the subject.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Michaelb's post
10-01-2016, 10:52 AM
RE: Hello and podcast idea
Welcome.

The Vegan debate pops up here off and on. We do have some Vegan members.

Looking forward to your posts. Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-01-2016, 10:54 AM
Welcome to TTA, Doc.

I think it highly unlikely that there'll be a TTA podcast on that subject.

... what self respecting atheist would openly admit that they've stopped eating babies?!?!?

It's unthinkable!

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
10-01-2016, 10:58 AM
Hi Welcome Smile I'm one of the vegans Wink
10-01-2016, 11:04 AM
I have reviewed through some of the vegan posts and found that in general people are taking sides and not open to information. I am surprised about this given the overall theme of the forum.
I am in the research phase of writing a book on motivation of moral choices and this is a goldmine.
10-01-2016, 11:07 AM
Welcome
I love to eat animals. In fact, I'm doing it as we speak. Smile

I don't think Seth reads the forum, but you could probably use the TTA contact page. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/contact

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-01-2016, 11:16 AM
(10-01-2016 11:07 AM)cactus Wrote:  Welcome
I love to eat animals. In fact, I'm doing it as we speak. Smile

I don't think Seth reads the forum, but you could probably use the TTA contact page. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/contact

Thanks for the link
10-01-2016, 11:17 AM
I stay out of the debates on veganism because I am not militant about it. Some people do not thrive on a vegan diet. Some people don't want to eat a vegan diet. For me being vegan is a personal choice, not one I push on anybody. I find when you are not pushy, are happy, look good and healthy, and just kind of live your life, more people are interested in hearing about what you are doing/eating etc. I do a lot for animal rights and that's where I put my efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-01-2016, 11:27 AM
(10-01-2016 11:17 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I stay out of the debates on veganism because I am not militant about it. Some people do not thrive on a vegan diet. Some people don't want to eat a vegan diet. For me being vegan is a personal choice, not one I push on anybody. I find when you are not pushy, are happy, look good and healthy, and just kind of live your life, more people are interested in hearing about what you are doing/eating etc. I do a lot for animal rights and that's where I put my efforts.

I follow a similar path. I have yet to find someone not thriving on a "balanced" vegan diet. Not surprising as much of the general population does not have a "balanced" diet. You have also observed the response to the laid back approach getting results. I have lost count how many people have approached me saying they changed their diet ( not always Vegan) watching me at social gatherings. Who wants to listen to a whining angry vegan?
You may find my hobby site interesting smarterce.com/pet
10-01-2016, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 11:55 AM by jennybee.)
(10-01-2016 11:27 AM)Michaelb Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 11:17 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I stay out of the debates on veganism because I am not militant about it. Some people do not thrive on a vegan diet. Some people don't want to eat a vegan diet. For me being vegan is a personal choice, not one I push on anybody. I find when you are not pushy, are happy, look good and healthy, and just kind of live your life, more people are interested in hearing about what you are doing/eating etc. I do a lot for animal rights and that's where I put my efforts.

I follow a similar path. I have yet to find someone not thriving on a "balanced" vegan diet. Not surprising as much of the general population does not have a "balanced" diet. You have also observed the response to the laid back approach getting results. I have lost count how many people have approached me saying they changed their diet ( not always Vegan) watching me at social gatherings. Who wants to listen to a whining angry vegan?
You may find my hobby site interesting smarterce.com/pet

I agree, I think most people can thrive on a *balanced* vegan diet. Unfortunately, some people become vegan and don't educate themselves on what a healthy, balanced vegan diet is and therefore, make themselves quite sick.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out Thumbsup