Hello and thank you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2016, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2016 02:34 PM by DLJ.)
Hello and thank you
Hi :-) Joe, long time reader and like another I figured I should introduce myself since I've learned and gained so much from you all.

My story: 55, raised in the Catholic faith and teen years southrrn baptist, so you can imagine I was pretty confused/messed up.

Leaving home I never went back and never gave religion any thought until I turned 50, got curious, finally figured out I had a world of information in the palm of my hand and decided one day to read/research if all I was exposed to and had shoved down my throat all those years was true or not. Especially after having a science channel now and discovering there's far more to the Universe than building a mobile out of the solar system.
Thaller, NGT, Cox, Plait, Krauss, Kaku, Fillipenko etc...
What are we? How did we get here? Why are we here? Which brought me to Darwin, (more than what I was exposed to in HS), Hitchins and the others. As well as reading the brilliant arguments, facts and data present and presented within this forum by you awesome members.

Since coming here I now know with great certainty I am among those who I more relate to when it comes to these topics. Family, home is how I feel now.

Truth can be found here, it's similar to being awoke/awakened from being lied to all my life. So THANK YOU TTA and its members.

I'm not super intelligent, educated, retired crane operator, father of 2, grandpa of 1 with 1 on the way. So my contribution will be to absorb your wisdom and thank you for it.

Stages: going through those to,
1. didn't care.
2. Care now and see the harm religion imposes, abuse in indoctrination and pedophilia etc...and now I'm more angry than anything.
So 3. Anger! Lied to, taught to think I'm a sinner, damaged, you know.
Orlando shootings, ISIS, Church n state and the influence in politics, law etc... Like the saying, in this day and age of instant information there's no excuse for ignorance.
You're all right, they don't read or research what they commit their one and only life to, nor practice what they preach, cherry pick etc... ok I'm ranting now sorry.

Anyway I'm here and thankful for it. I'm also introducing myself because with your knowledge/TRUTH!, you've all shared with me I've become more out-spoken, I don't just walk away, laugh, and forget it...I stand up and fight, I challenge the condescending "I'll pray for you's", "god bless you's", and "give yourself to god and you'll be happier, understand him".

I'm going to make another thread asking for advice on a debate I'm having right now, I'm stumped and don't know how to reply, hope someone here can help guide me how to respond.

Thank you, I've never been happier and more clear in my thinking in my life since coming here!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Cuda12's post
23-06-2016, 02:28 PM
RE: Hello and thank you
Welcome to TTA.

Happy to be of assistance (I speak for the clever ones here, not for myself, obviously).

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
23-06-2016, 02:33 PM
Ty DLJ :-)
23-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Welcome!
23-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Ty Pablo :-)
23-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Welcome Cuda. Glad you're not hiding in the shadows any longer. Looks like you have a lot to say, and i'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
23-06-2016, 04:06 PM
Ty CS, I've never felt more alive, sane, happier, confident, and reaffirmed in all my years since reading here. Not sure what I could contribute other than a newly realised open mind, reasonable and logical thinking and accepting, and an eagerness to learn more. I've only a 12th grade education...35 in my graduating class, small school, small tx town, and a construction background, family man life. :-)
23-06-2016, 04:11 PM
(23-06-2016 04:06 PM)Cuda12 Wrote:  Ty CS, I've never felt more alive, sane, happier, confident, and reaffirmed in all my years since reading here. Not sure what I could contribute other than a newly realised open mind, reasonable and logical thinking and accepting, and an eagerness to learn more. I've only a 12th grade education...35 in my graduating class, small school, small tx town, and a construction background, family man life. :-)

Don't take a degree to be smrt. I mean 'smart'! Tongue

Welcome! Shy

23-06-2016, 04:14 PM
welcome from another operator brother!
23-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Hi there. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.