Hello atheist friends!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Hello atheist friends!
Hi, I am Leo Blake and I am a Christian but respect people of all faiths. I have come here to learn more about the beliefs of atheists and maybe ask for your advice. When I want to make a decision I get advice from all sorts of peoples, and I value your advice just as much as any other. Have a good day, and God Bless!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like leoblake's post
17-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Hello atheist friends!
Welcome to the lion's den. Pull up a chair and crack a beer and join us!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
17-07-2013, 11:26 PM
RE: Hello atheist friends!
Could have sworn there was a Dark Light post in here.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
17-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Hello atheist friends!
Hello Christian friend, what sort of decision are you looking to make?

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
18-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Atheism in a nutshell: We don't believe in God.

What's not to understand?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-07-2013, 04:21 PM
(17-07-2013 05:02 PM)leoblake Wrote:  Hi, I am Leo Blake and I am a Christian but respect people of all faiths. I have come here to learn more about the beliefs of atheists and maybe ask for your advice. When I want to make a decision I get advice from all sorts of peoples, and I value your advice just as much as any other. Have a good day, and God Bless!

Good Afternoon Leo! I am new to this site as well and I guess I would say I am your "opposite" when it comes to belief. I consider myself, after MUCH "soul-searching" to be an agnostic, anti-theist, with the smallest of sliver deist (just to cover the "god of the gaps argument). I was once a Christian. I am now in the medical field (read - heavy into science and math), and ABSOLUTELY Love good, grounded, reasonable debate. The "uh-uh you are" replies make me face palm. If I could do it all over again, I would LOVE to be a philosopher / theologian. I find all religion FASCINATING and more so as to the WHY people believe.

I see that you have a "-1 Reputation" and again, being new, not sure what that means. I ASSUME it is because you are a christian and said god-bless... I dunno. I DO KNOW that I do not "fault" you for your religion and more so, APPLAUD you for coming to an atheist web site and let your beliefs be known. Good for you! I also feel that the MAJORITY of christians out there are a product of indoctrination and in no way reflects on their intelligence. It is my view that if you ask an honest question and someone is not able to defend or explain their answer, then there is a disconnect somewhere. I LOVE the quote, "When an honest man is shown that he is wrong, he will either cease to be wrong or cease to be honest." Enough said when it comes to debate.

I look forward to your questions but for now, I have one for you... I know WHAT you believe (christianity), please elucidate as to WHY you believe it is true.

PS: Attached is a GREAT flow chart for civil debate that I think everyone should read BEFORE entering a debate to prevent a lot of wasted time.

Attached File(s)
.doc  Rational Debating Flow Chart.doc (Size: 24.5 KB / Downloads: 24)
18-07-2013, 04:25 PM
(17-07-2013 05:02 PM)leoblake Wrote:  Hi, I am Leo Blake and I am a Christian but respect people of all faiths. I have come here to learn more about the beliefs of atheists and maybe ask for your advice. When I want to make a decision I get advice from all sorts of peoples, and I value your advice just as much as any other. Have a good day, and God Bless!

BYW, FWIW, I go to church most Sundays with my wife (who is a christian) and 3 children, 9, 6, & 1. I go to a men's bible study every Tuesday morning at O-dark hundred (but I'm a morning person so this really isn't a big deal for me), and again, I am a staunch anti-theist. I go because, again, it fascinates me... the people I know there are NICE people, albeit, IMHO misguided. I go because I like to challenge them and even more selfishly, want to be challenged. If two people in a business (or in this case an argument / discussion) always agree, one of them isn't necessary. Good times!
18-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Are we taking bets?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
18-07-2013, 04:57 PM
(18-07-2013 04:21 PM)GatorVetJRH Wrote:  I see that you have a "-1 Reputation" and again, being new, not sure what that means. I ASSUME it is because you are a christian and said god-bless... I dunno. I DO KNOW that I do not "fault" you for your religion and more so, APPLAUD you for coming to an atheist web site and let your beliefs be known. Good for you! I also feel that the MAJORITY of christians out there are a product of indoctrination and in no way reflects on their intelligence. It is my view that if you ask an honest question and someone is not able to defend or explain their answer, then there is a disconnect somewhere. I LOVE the quote, "When an honest man is shown that he is wrong, he will either cease to be wrong or cease to be honest." Enough said when it comes to debate.

I look forward to your questions but for now, I have one for you... I know WHAT you believe (christianity), please elucidate as to WHY you believe it is true.

PS: Attached is a GREAT flow chart for civil debate that I think everyone should read BEFORE entering a debate to prevent a lot of wasted time.

He's got red rep because of his behavior... apparently... don't know... haven't conversed with him.

But, the people of this site are smart. They don't neg rep you just because you're a Christian.

As for your question... probably not going to get a solid, straight answer... it seems like he's either a troll or a poe. Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem that way.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-07-2013, 03:07 PM
(18-07-2013 04:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-07-2013 04:21 PM)GatorVetJRH Wrote:  I see that you have a "-1 Reputation" and again, being new, not sure what that means. I ASSUME it is because you are a christian and said god-bless... I dunno. I DO KNOW that I do not "fault" you for your religion and more so, APPLAUD you for coming to an atheist web site and let your beliefs be known. Good for you! I also feel that the MAJORITY of christians out there are a product of indoctrination and in no way reflects on their intelligence. It is my view that if you ask an honest question and someone is not able to defend or explain their answer, then there is a disconnect somewhere. I LOVE the quote, "When an honest man is shown that he is wrong, he will either cease to be wrong or cease to be honest." Enough said when it comes to debate.

He's got red rep because of his behavior... apparently... don't know... haven't conversed with him.

But, the people of this site are smart. They don't neg rep you just because you're a Christian.

As for your question... probably not going to get a solid, straight answer... it seems like he's either a troll or a poe. Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem that way.

Well if he is a troll or a poe, it's his loss. Thank you for your reply. Haven't got a reply from Leo yet but I do tend be optimistic in general... Need to go to the "deeper pool" to start getting into some serious discussions I think ;-)! Have a great weekend!