Hello, ciao, hola, hallo, salut, hej, привет, こんにちは, 你好

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Hello, ciao, hola, hallo, salut, hej, привет, こんにちは, 你好
Hello everyone,

I found your community yesterday, even if I have been a TTA fan on Youtube for quite a while, and today I decided to register, hoping I could contribute something useful and interesting to you guys and also learn something new, because well, you never stop learning.

I also hope everyone is able to see the title of this thread and not just empty squares. Big Grin

Cheers,
The Polyglot Atheist
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
22-10-2014, 12:43 PM
RE: Hello, ciao, hola, hallo, salut, hej, привет, こんにちは, 你好
Bienvenido

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-10-2014, 04:14 PM
(22-10-2014 12:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Bienvenido

Gracias. Big Grin Maybe I should have added more about my beliefs/history? I see some other intro threads doing it, I'm not sure what the custom is. Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
22-10-2014, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2014 02:51 PM by Full Circle.)
(22-10-2014 04:14 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 12:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Bienvenido

Gracias. Big Grin Maybe I should have added more about my beliefs/history? I see some other intro threads doing it, I'm not sure what the custom is. Tongue

First you need to bring us offerings. Baby a la BBQ is always appreciated.

Just start jumping in on existing threads. *Try not to necropost. Be yourself and things will get sorted out on their own. Thumbsup

*ignore

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
23-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Ooh a polyglot! That's my aspiration.

Tell me more about your language adventures!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
23-10-2014, 07:48 AM
Hi Colourcraze! Big Grin

I'm a bilingual, and currently speak 4/5 languages fluently. I say 4/5, because one of them, namely French, got a bit rusty since I don't use it very often. I can understand written material with rare use of dictionary, but speaking and hearing, those got bad. Big Grin

I'm now learning Japanese, and occasionally touch on Chinese (which I see you speak natively), and soon plan to add German to my fluent languages. In a year I'll be speaking it, I think. Big Grin

Do you learn languages or are willing to learn some in particular?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
23-10-2014, 07:50 AM
(23-10-2014 07:48 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Hi Colourcraze! Big Grin

I'm a bilingual, and currently speak 4/5 languages fluently. I say 4/5, because one of them, namely French, got a bit rusty since I don't use it very often. I can understand written material with rare use of dictionary, but speaking and hearing, those got bad. Big Grin

I'm now learning Japanese, and occasionally touch on Chinese (which I see you speak natively), and soon plan to add German to my fluent languages. In a year I'll be speaking it, I think. Big Grin

4 or 5 languages makes you multilingual, not bilingual.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-10-2014, 08:02 AM
(22-10-2014 12:02 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Hello everyone,

I found your community yesterday, even if I have been a TTA fan on Youtube for quite a while, and today I decided to register, hoping I could contribute something useful and interesting to you guys and also learn something new, because well, you never stop learning.

I also hope everyone is able to see the title of this thread and not just empty squares. Big Grin

Cheers,
The Polyglot Atheist

G'day Polygot.

Do feel free to enjoy your stay.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-10-2014, 08:02 AM
Smile
(23-10-2014 07:48 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Hi Colourcraze! Big Grin

That's awesome! I'm actually not native Chinese, my tag is a joke Tongue but I have been living in China for 2 years so far and I am fairly intermediate. I'm working toward taking the HSK proficiency test next year to see where I am officially. Smile

I also minored in Spanish, which was my very first foreign language love affair. Then I studied Italian for a few semesters, but it's been a long time since I practiced that one!

I love love love languages, I'd like to learn some Arabic next, but if I move to Japan, it'll be Japanese. Big Grin

What do you do to learn a new language? Take classes? Got any secrets? Tongue

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
23-10-2014, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the forum! Smile

I happen to love languages too, trying to learn as many as I can. I'm Greek and I've been taught some Ancient Greek and Latin at school.
I speak English fluently and I also have some basic to intermediate knowledge of French and Spanish, and also some basic knowledge of Japanese.

I'm hoping to perfect my skills in all those languages and even more. I've learned mainly through translations (which I love to do) and I think the secret to learning any language is having something interesting to process in it (songs, movies, books).

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-