Hello everone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2015, 04:29 PM
RE: Hello everone
Oh looks like I posted twice. But how do I make my picture attachment appear bigger?

Heart War Angel Sylia
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2015, 06:29 PM
Welcome. You write very well. I would never suspect English was your third language. Again, welcome.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
16-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Welcome!
19-12-2015, 10:14 AM
(15-12-2015 02:37 AM)viocjit Wrote:  Welcome on this board ! I'm a strong Atheist from France and I'm 21 years old.
As a man who knew apostates I know that it is certainly complicate for you therefore I say you that you have my emotional , thinking and intellectual support.

I have some questions :
1.Can you tell us in which European country are you ?
2.Was you a Sunni , Shi'a or other denomination ?
3.Can you tell us how you became Atheist ?

Hi,
I'm a bit older than you : 51 !
I live in France, I'm nearly bilingual arabic/french although arabic is my mother tongue. I grew until the age of 18 in Morocco. So, I leaved the Sunni branch.

As I said, I traced my first doubt to the age of 7. The story is quite funny.
An old teacher told me that one of the Qoran verses, namely 'Ayat al Kursy' (The Throne Verse) is very protective. I really believed it and when I got as a gift a small book with this verse printed, I decided to check/prove it works. I asked some kids to stone me while I was standing few meters apart and told them I won't be hurt since I will be holding Ayat Al Kursi with me (I love mathematics since childhood, and to me, every claim must be proved !) and of course, god was busy that day and no miracle happened (although the kids were kind enough not to aim my head !).

My parents are very relegious, and the whole moroccan society is very religious, but I don't remember having been a real believer. As everybody then, I went to the mosq on fridays and observed ramadan (I drinked water in secret !) But it was a matter of "social hypocrisy".
[+] 3 users Like aguelmame's post
19-12-2015, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2015 11:47 AM by izel.)
(19-12-2015 10:14 AM)aguelmame Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 02:37 AM)viocjit Wrote:  Welcome on this board ! I'm a strong Atheist from France and I'm 21 years old.
As a man who knew apostates I know that it is certainly complicate for you therefore I say you that you have my emotional , thinking and intellectual support.

I have some questions :
1.Can you tell us in which European country are you ?
2.Was you a Sunni , Shi'a or other denomination ?
3.Can you tell us how you became Atheist ?

Hi,
I live in France, I'm nearly bilingual arabic/french although arabic is my mother tongue. I grew until the age of 18 in Morocco. So, I leaved the Sunni branch.

An old teacher told me that one of the Qoran verses, namely 'Ayat al Kursy' (The Throne Verse) is very protective. I really believed it and when I got as a gift a small book with this verse printed, I decided to check/prove it works. I asked some kids to stone me while I was standing few meters apart and told them I won't be hurt since I will be holding Ayat Al Kursi with me (I love mathematics since childhood, and to me, every claim must be proved !) and of course, god was busy that day and no miracle happened (although the kids were kind enough not to aim my head !).

My parents are very relegious, and the whole moroccan society is very religious, but I don't remember having been a real believer. As everybody then, I went to the mosq on fridays and observed ramadan (I drinked water in secret !) But it was a matter of "social hypocrisy".

Happy to see you use your common sense and intelligence to think free and rational. From one former Muslim to another, welcome once more, and if you have any questions jump right in. You'll find your self home here.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-12-2015, 12:28 PM
(19-12-2015 10:54 AM)izel Wrote:  
(19-12-2015 10:14 AM)aguelmame Wrote:  Hi,

Happy to see you use your common sense and intelligence to think free and rational. From one former Muslim to another, welcome once more, and if you have any questions jump right in. You'll find your self home here.

Thank you Izel and all other members for your warm welcome.
19-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Hello everone
Welcome to the forum! Smile
19-12-2015, 03:46 PM
Hi! Welcome! Glad to have you here Smile

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
19-12-2015, 06:11 PM
Glad you are here and also out there. It gives me great comfort to know there are people out there who have forsaken the crazy, and all the more reason not to judge by appearances.