Hello everybody... new here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2017, 08:30 AM
RE: Hello everybody... new here
(09-10-2017 07:55 AM)unsapien Wrote:  ...I was thinking more... Lasso of Truth....ish Blush

More like, when in a crappy mood I do enjoy hunting things that come crawling out of the woodwork Blush

[Image: giphy.webp]

General observation, mods, general observation Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
09-10-2017, 09:30 AM
Hello! Big Grin
09-10-2017, 01:09 PM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
09-10-2017, 01:21 PM
(08-10-2017 11:59 PM)Nick272727 Wrote:  My names Nick and I'm new here and just hoping to find some different views on things really. I enjoy different topics and want to avoid group mentality in discussion, whether it be a political group or religion. I believe true intelligence is found in the ability to see another persons perspective and personally I have a tendency for fact based decisions. I have honestly been wavering towards religion and the title of the group caught my eye. Learning all sides of an issue is imperitive to me and I hope to find some good points of view instead of the endless "sheeple" mentality of today. To me, the sign of a weak argument or perspective is when an individual has to push the agenda. Good things should just be obvious to all in my opinion, but I am certainly not infallible.

Um actually no, the only universal way to end up in a fact is through scientific method, through observation, collecting data,testing and falsification, control groups, and handing your findings over for independent peer review.

Don't confuse human rights with objective facts. I don't think anyone here is offended by human rights. I think most here value human rights.

But the reality is no matter how much you may want to get along with others, and that is noble, some claims humans make are simply not true.

I agree with getting along with others, certainly that is better than violence. But I don't think living in the past just because, is a solution. Our species did not evolve by blindly accepting what our ancestors sold us.

Civility isn't about never offending or getting offended, but how one responds in the face of those situations. Our species never would have left the caves if if we never questioned social norms.

I am all for non violence, and human rights, even for those whom make me want to pull my hair out. But I also don't like lying to people.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2017, 03:13 PM
Welcome to TTA. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
09-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Welcome to the forums, Nick. I look forward to reading your posts. Smile
09-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Howdy Nick.

10-10-2017, 03:35 AM
Welcome Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Welcome

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."