Hello everyone!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Hello everyone!
I was once a Pentecostal Christian (Assemblies of God would describe me best.) who became an atheist in 1985 after asking God very sincerely what it was he wanted me to do with my life and getting absolutely no answer at all.

I have been listening to TTA for about two years, have listened to every podcast, and absolutely love it.

I live in Land O' Lakes, FL (Jesus country), and know very few people who think the way I do. Meeting with other atheists is nearly impossible. The nearest group to me meets over ten miles away at the closest, but I have no way to get there since I don't have a car and there is no bus service. It is great to have a forum like this.

"If what you say is actually true, I would want to know it too. ... You can convince me, and if it is true I want you to convince me ... and I will thank you for convincing me."

AronRa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXJHVB7pROE
9:18
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Question Everything's post
08-01-2014, 05:50 PM
RE: Hello everyone!
Welcome QE Smile

Pull up a straight-jacket and sit down. You get to qualify for the double lobotomy at 1000 posts Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
08-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Just 1000??????? :hmm:

Hi QE! It's great here, I think you'll like it Smile

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
08-01-2014, 06:22 PM
(08-01-2014 04:29 PM)Question Everything Wrote:  I was once a Pentecostal Christian (Assemblies of God would describe me best.) who became an atheist in 1985 after asking God very sincerely what it was he wanted me to do with my life and getting absolutely no answer at all.

I have been listening to TTA for about two years, have listened to every podcast, and absolutely love it.

I live in Land O' Lakes, FL (Jesus country), and know very few people who think the way I do. Meeting with other atheists is nearly impossible. The nearest group to me meets over ten miles away at the closest, but I have no way to get there since I don't have a car and there is no bus service. It is great to have a forum like this.

Welcome to our place.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the forum QE, hope you like it here!

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
09-01-2014, 03:47 AM
[Image: well-hello-there_zpsc275af32.jpg]

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
[+] 1 user Likes nooneofconsequence's post
09-01-2014, 04:40 AM
At least you're not another Aussie.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
09-01-2014, 06:59 AM
(09-01-2014 04:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  At least you're not another Aussie.

Fuck you!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2014, 07:39 AM
(08-01-2014 04:29 PM)Question Everything Wrote:  I was once a Pentecostal Christian (Assemblies of God would describe me best.) who became an atheist in 1985 after asking God very sincerely what it was he wanted me to do with my life and getting absolutely no answer at all.

Welcome, I'll pray for a car for you Tongue

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
09-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume