Hello everyone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2015, 08:04 AM
Hello everyone
Hi all

I am interested in this forum because I am starting to doubt God. I am 19 and from Canada. I used to be a Catholic Christian.

Thanks

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2015, 08:27 AM
RE: Hello everyone
Welcome aboard Chris! I hope you enjoy your time here. Many users have come from religious backgrounds and you can probably find some common ground there which hopefully will help you make up your mind. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
18-01-2015, 08:28 AM
Hello! Big Grin
18-01-2015, 08:30 AM
(18-01-2015 08:04 AM)chrisc0295 Wrote:  ...
used to be

That's encouraging.

Welcome aboard.

Smile

18-01-2015, 09:09 AM
Welcome!
18-01-2015, 09:12 AM
(18-01-2015 09:09 AM)pablo Wrote:  Welcome!

Welcome from an ex-Catholic.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-01-2015, 09:51 AM
(18-01-2015 09:12 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-01-2015 09:09 AM)pablo Wrote:  Welcome!

Welcome from an ex-Catholic.

I am an ex-Parrot. Big Grin
18-01-2015, 09:58 AM
(18-01-2015 08:04 AM)chrisc0295 Wrote:  Hi all

I am interested in this forum because I am starting to doubt God. I am 19 and from Canada. I used to be a Catholic Christian.

Thanks

Chris

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Oh and as far as doubting God, really not hard at all to know the reality.

If you accept the age of the planet and the history of evolution, then you know there were not any types of god claims 4 billion years ago. And if you do not fear what life was like before you were born, why would you need to fear what happens after you die.

Humans make up all gods, always have. I see "all this" meaning life and the universe as nothing more than an ongoing gigantic weather pattern. If you can accept that Thor is not needed to explain lightening, and Poseidon is not needed to explain hurricanes, why would the universe need a god to cause it either?

God/s and religion exist as a placebo. It is great for forming groups, but that does not mean because we are successful as groups, that what we center our group around as far as god or religion are true. It just means enough people buy the claim to create that group.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-01-2015, 10:34 PM
Hi there. Welcome to the board.