Hello everyone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2016, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone
Hello everyone,

First off, I am an aspiring novelist(fantasy/horror/sci-fi) and therefore am bound to be quite lengthy in my posts, which may sometimes lead to a tl;dr response, so yeah.

Anyhow, I am 22 year old from the Netherlands who has studied biology and organic chemistry for a while until suffering a burn-out not too long ago from which I am still recovering. Within that, I discovered my love for writing and have since completed the first draft of a 500 page novel and am now working on the second draft. This led me to the conclusion that I'd like to try my shot at pursuing a writer's career, though I haven't discarded my studies altogether yet. We'll see.

So, I grew up an atheist to an atheist father and ex-catholic mother thus the notion of a god as orthodoxly depicted seems absurd to me. Most of the time I followed the mindset of not wanting to involve myself in it too much; everyone was (and is) free to think what they like as long as one would realize that their views are theirs.
..but, recently I have become particularly annoyed with (monotheistic) religion. I'm not entirely sure why, but I suspect it has something to do with the increased amount of religious violence in Europe the past year. I have no problems with other religions though, some of my friends are neopagan (odinist and hellenistic polytheist) and they fully understand that their truth is theirs and is not necessarily the big Truth.

Nowadays I enjoy challenging people's world-views if I consider them narrow minded. Not to say I want to change them, but I thoroughly enjoy the discussion even though they do not. I often bring arguments from both atheist and discordian perspectives. Most of the time, however, it's really just me talking to brick walls.

Besides that and writing, I love sci-fi/horror movies and series (Alien, Moon, Star trek, ) fantasy Rpg's like the Elder Scrolls, Self-Education on all sorts of subjects from history to astrophysics and mythology and philosophy, immersing myself in music and talking long walks in natural settings armed with a camera.

I hope to meet some like minded people here and have some quality debate once in a while Wink

Until then, peace!

..my introductions are bad Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like LunarDiscord's post
22-03-2016, 07:43 PM
RE: Hello everyone
Welcome to TTA. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
22-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Hello, Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
22-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Welcome to TTA.

Liquor up front, poker in the rear. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-03-2016, 08:25 PM
(22-03-2016 08:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  poker in the rear. Drinking Beverage

With what?

That's a bit rude Chas. Wink

And welcome aspiring novelist!

You want that career? Take it!

It is like a mate of mine in television. He told me "I wanted that career so I went in and just bloody took it!". Big Grin

Good luck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-03-2016, 08:28 PM
Hello! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
22-03-2016, 09:37 PM
Thank you all for the welcomes!

(22-03-2016 08:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 08:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  poker in the rear. Drinking Beverage

With what?

That's a bit rude Chas. Wink

And welcome aspiring novelist!

You want that career? Take it!

It is like a mate of mine in television. He told me "I wanted that career so I went in and just bloody took it!". Big Grin

Good luck.

yeah, that's the plan Smile
[+] 1 user Likes LunarDiscord's post
23-03-2016, 12:54 AM
Welcome!

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
23-03-2016, 12:57 AM
Welcome.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post