Hello everyone!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Lightbulb Hello everyone!
Well to introduce myself....

I'm Daniel, I was born and raised in southern California. I'm 37 years of age and proud to be a free thinking Atheist.

I wasn't always an Atheist tho.. for the longest time I was an Agnostic (atheist in denial).

So what finally gave me that push into reality?? Haha! Well I've been living in a men's Christian Ministry for the past year now called The Bible Tabernacle. LONG story how I ended up there but to give ya the short version... This place is what I would call a "Jesus Commando Camp". Now when you are obligated by the "rules" of this ministry to wake up at 5:30 a.m. every morning and read the bible for an hour and half every day you really get a chance to learn what is actually in the bible. OHHH the HORRORS!!! Contradictions and insane moral values, rape, pillagings, murders, genocides, slavery, and all in the name of the LORD....

Sorry but the thought of worshiping a mass murderer bent on global genocide isnt't exactly my cup of tea.

Anyhow I'm happy that I found this forum.. Pleased to meet you all.[/color]

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2011, 01:39 PM
RE: Hello everyone!
(20-09-2011 11:39 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Well to introduce myself....

I'm Daniel, I was born and raised in southern California. I'm 37 years of age and proud to be a free thinking Atheist.

I wasn't always an Atheist tho.. for the longest time I was an Agnostic (atheist in denial).

So what finally gave me that push into reality?? Haha! Well I've been living in a men's Christian Ministry for the past year now called The Bible Tabernacle. LONG story how I ended up there but to give ya the short version... This place is what I would call a "Jesus Commando Camp". Now when you are obligated by the "rules" of this ministry to wake up at 5:30 a.m. every morning and read the bible for an hour and half every day you really get a chance to learn what is actually in the bible. OHHH the HORRORS!!! Contradictions and insane moral values, rape, pillagings, murders, genocides, slavery, and all in the name of the LORD....

Sorry but the thought of worshiping a mass murderer bent on global genocide isnt't exactly my cup of tea.

Anyhow I'm happy that I found this forum.. Pleased to meet you all.[/color]

May I be the first to welcome you Daniel......im recently new here myself but I know you will love this placeBig Grin

BTW Bible study starts at 6:30...................(jokes) Tongue

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply