Hello everyone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Hello everyone
I'm new to this forum, but I'm a lifelong atheist, for 75 years so far and counting. I cut my forum teeth on the old About A/A forum, now sadly defunct, spent time on Delphi, also pretty much dead, and currently am on Amazon's forums, which seem to be on the road to destruction by their robotic forum managers, who are banning people seemingly at random.

My forum name here is the same as on Amazon, but I'm actually Richard Dalin, living in central NJ, retired, widower, two sons, one daughter-in-law, and two granddaughters (of whom I'm inordinately proud). Oh yes, one cat, Monster by name. Along with my brother, I'm a second-generation atheist, and we both passed that on to our children. I am what's commonly known as a strong or positive atheist in that my stand is "I believe no gods exist" rather than "I don't believe in gods." A minor distinction, to be sure, although many theists seem to think it's vitally important.

I hope to find interesting and stimulating discussions here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like LifelongAtheist's post
23-02-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: Hello everyone
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Welcome to TTA!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
23-02-2017, 08:56 PM
Welcome! I think that, given the stories, we'll be seeing a lot more people abandon that place. I was a member of an atheist forum many years ago that got so bad (even from the atheists) that it basically imploded. What was thousands of members is now only a handful, who post only occasionally.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
23-02-2017, 09:34 PM
(23-02-2017 08:00 PM)LifelongAtheist Wrote:  I'm new to this forum, but I'm a lifelong atheist, for 75 years so far and counting. I cut my forum teeth on the old About A/A forum, now sadly defunct, spent time on Delphi, also pretty much dead, and currently am on Amazon's forums, which seem to be on the road to destruction by their robotic forum managers, who are banning people seemingly at random.

My forum name here is the same as on Amazon, but I'm actually Richard Dalin, living in central NJ, retired, widower, two sons, one daughter-in-law, and two granddaughters (of whom I'm inordinately proud). Oh yes, one cat, Monster by name. Along with my brother, I'm a second-generation atheist, and we both passed that on to our children. I am what's commonly known as a strong or positive atheist in that my stand is "I believe no gods exist" rather than "I don't believe in gods." A minor distinction, to be sure, although many theists seem to think it's vitally important.

Hey, Lifelong! I haven't been able to explore too much, but this place looks good.
[+] 2 users Like Mary L. Mand's post
24-02-2017, 01:05 AM
Hi welcome!

I first read it as, "I'm actually Richard Dawkins..."

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
24-02-2017, 01:26 AM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
24-02-2017, 02:13 AM
Hi there! We hope we can offer you a safe-harbor refuge from New Jersey! Laugh out load

(Kidding!)

Welcome to TTA. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
24-02-2017, 02:19 AM
Hallo and welcome!

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes ukatheist's post
24-02-2017, 04:02 AM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(23-02-2017 08:00 PM)LifelongAtheist Wrote:  I'm new to this forum, but I'm a lifelong atheist, for 75 years so far and counting. I cut my forum teeth on the old About A/A forum, now sadly defunct, spent time on Delphi, also pretty much dead, and currently am on Amazon's forums, which seem to be on the road to destruction by their robotic forum managers, who are banning people seemingly at random.

Hi, Lifelong. It's great to see you here, and thanks for posting your backstory. Enjoy exploring. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Dorsie's post