Hello everyone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2017, 06:13 AM
RE: Hello everyone
(23-02-2017 08:00 PM)LifelongAtheist Wrote:  I'm new to this forum, but I'm a lifelong atheist, for 75 years so far and counting. I cut my forum teeth on the old About A/A forum, now sadly defunct, spent time on Delphi, also pretty much dead, and currently am on Amazon's forums, which seem to be on the road to destruction by their robotic forum managers, who are banning people seemingly at random.

My forum name here is the same as on Amazon, but I'm actually Richard Dalin, living in central NJ, retired, widower, two sons, one daughter-in-law, and two granddaughters (of whom I'm inordinately proud). Oh yes, one cat, Monster by name. Along with my brother, I'm a second-generation atheist, and we both passed that on to our children. I am what's commonly known as a strong or positive atheist in that my stand is "I believe no gods exist" rather than "I don't believe in gods." A minor distinction, to be sure, although many theists seem to think it's vitally important.

I hope to find interesting and stimulating discussions here.

Hi LLA, good to see you.

This is reminding me of the first day at college, do you know what I mean?
(Hey, someone I know!)

Enjoy life without goblue and I'll see you around.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vivian Darkbloom's post
24-02-2017, 06:19 AM
Hello!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
24-02-2017, 08:08 AM
(23-02-2017 09:34 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 08:00 PM)LifelongAtheist Wrote:  I'm new to this forum, but I'm a lifelong atheist, for 75 years so far and counting. I cut my forum teeth on the old About A/A forum, now sadly defunct, spent time on Delphi, also pretty much dead, and currently am on Amazon's forums, which seem to be on the road to destruction by their robotic forum managers, who are banning people seemingly at random.

My forum name here is the same as on Amazon, but I'm actually Richard Dalin, living in central NJ, retired, widower, two sons, one daughter-in-law, and two granddaughters (of whom I'm inordinately proud). Oh yes, one cat, Monster by name. Along with my brother, I'm a second-generation atheist, and we both passed that on to our children. I am what's commonly known as a strong or positive atheist in that my stand is "I believe no gods exist" rather than "I don't believe in gods." A minor distinction, to be sure, although many theists seem to think it's vitally important.

I hope to find interesting and stimulating discussions here.

Hey, Lifelong! I haven't been able to explore too much, but this place looks good.

Hi, Mary. This was recommended by several Mamazon posters, so I thought I'd give it a try.
[+] 2 users Like LifelongAtheist's post
24-02-2017, 08:09 AM
(24-02-2017 01:05 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Hi welcome!

I first read it as, "I'm actually Richard Dawkins..."

{** sigh **}

If only!
[+] 1 user Likes LifelongAtheist's post
24-02-2017, 08:11 AM
Thanks to all for the welcome, and hello to my Amazon friends.
[+] 3 users Like LifelongAtheist's post
24-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
24-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Welcome aboard, LLA!

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
24-02-2017, 03:52 PM
Welcome aboard, LA. Smile
24-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the forum.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
02-03-2017, 03:37 PM
I followed Dorsie's recommendation. Even if the shitheads show up, folks here say they're well-equipped to deal with them.
[+] 2 users Like Mary L. Mand's post