Hello everyone!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2010, 09:57 PM

Hello everyone!
Hey guys, at this moment I'm the forums newest member. I found out about this site after doing some searching around on TTA's youtube channel. I've recently posted both "top 10 creationist arguments" vids on a couple other forums to stir up a bit of debate and it's been quite a fun time. Anyways, I really hope this site takes off, it's really cool. Nice to have an atheist community to chill with.

TVOR
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2010, 10:52 PM
RE: Hello everyone!
Welcome! It's always nice to have a voice of reason around! Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Now that you are here you may have to change your user name to "One of the Voices of Reason" because there are some reasonably reasonable reasoners here, I reason.

Well that's just my reasoning.
Find all posts by this user
09-09-2010, 05:29 AM
Indeed, or ar least the ''the'' should be removed. But I'm not pissed about anyones username.
Welcome and have fun!

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
09-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Welcome. Our forum has really taken off in the past month or so. Hopefully it will continue to grow with many more voices of reason. Glad to have you.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
09-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Welcome to TTAF!

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
09-09-2010, 11:05 PM

(09-09-2010 12:34 AM)No J. Wrote:  Now that you are here you may have to change your user name to "One of the Voices of Reason" because there are some reasonably reasonable reasoners here, I reason.

Well that's just my reasoning.

hahaha, love it already.

But hey, we've got to be reasonable here...reasonably speaking, there are no reasonable arguments that this fella isn't the voice of reason that people like us listen to.

And of course others such as Nat Queen, and Christopher Hitchens (hang in there buddy). Maybe I should just pluralize it "voices".

I might do that actually, it would make a lot more sense than religion. But then again, a penny makes more "cents" than religion. <---See how I did that??
just noticed that links don't get changed different colors when you embed them in text on this forum. "this fella" in my above post is a link to a Richard Dawkins clip on youtube, but you wouldn't know it unless you hovered your mouse over the text....kinda made my post misleading...lol
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheVoiceOfReason's post
10-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Quote:But then again, a penny makes more "cents" than religion. <---See how I did that??

I dunno, with all of those "Send me $1000 and I'll make sure you get to heaven when you die or your money back" kinds of deal going on...

LOL Tongue

Quote:just noticed that links don't get changed different colors when you embed them in text on this forum

I usually underline the text I want to be the link, like this:

Code:
[url=www.thethinkingatheist.com][u]This site ROCKS :O[/u][/url]

Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
10-09-2010, 10:25 PM
(10-09-2010 12:31 AM)LeviTimes Wrote:  I dunno, with all of those "Send me $1000 and I'll make sure you get to heaven when you die or your money back" kinds of deal going on...

How far will $1,000 get you in hell and more importantly, how will you be abled to collect it?
10-09-2010, 11:03 PM
(10-09-2010 10:25 PM)No J. Wrote:  
(10-09-2010 12:31 AM)LeviTimes Wrote:  I dunno, with all of those "Send me $1000 and I'll make sure you get to heaven when you die or your money back" kinds of deal going on...

How far will $1,000 get you in hell and more importantly, how will you be abled to collect it?

Exactly! Tongue