Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce myself!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
09-05-2010, 05:58 AM

RE: Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce myself!
Thanks unbeliever, your right what I need to do is to create my own purpose.

Haha according to Maslow's pyramid I'm floating in the air.
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2010, 08:30 AM
that I didn't learned....we too retard in Israel for that, probably.
well, going back to Piaget....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2010, 08:21 PM

At least you can do basic math unlike us Canadian students 8)
09-05-2010, 10:26 PM
And that even not sure!!! ahhh....education systems....what would we do with out them?
(actually learning something useful!)
10-05-2010, 04:34 PM

Certainly the current educational systems that most first world countries use could use improvements...but that is not to say that they are bad.
10-05-2010, 06:03 PM
(09-05-2010 08:21 PM)justacityboy Wrote:  At least you can do basic math unlike us Canadian students 8)

Thats a very interesting and telling comment. When you say "us" you are including yourself. So you are saying you can't perform basic math skills. The statement also implies that your lack of math skills is due to the education system in Canada. That's where your error lies. It is not the fault of the system, since it does indeed teach basic math. The fault is your own for not learning what you are being taught.

I am so tired of hearing how hard we all have it. If you really had any grasp on how lucky we are to live in North America, you wouldn't even dream of complaining about our education system. (A system that provides you with 12 years of education at no cost to you I might add. Our "system" only requires that once you enter the workforce and begin using that education, that you pay taxes in order to provide the next generation with the same advantage you have.)

I know, I know...I'm making a "personal attack". Well, don't take it personal, since I am bringing up the issue due to TONS of peoples comments, and not exclusive to this forum. Look, the point is, making a comment like you did, whether intentional or not, shows how blind you are to the astounding opportunity that you have. It's taken advantage of so often, that most don't ever realize how lucky they are. Got bad tawkin skilz? Go to class, and actually listen to what your english teacher is saying. Poor math skills? Open the book they gave you at the beginning of the school year and actually read it!

Sorry. Someone had to say something.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
11-05-2010, 02:33 AM
(10-05-2010 06:03 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(09-05-2010 08:21 PM)justacityboy Wrote:  At least you can do basic math unlike us Canadian students 8)

I am so tired of hearing how hard we all have it. If you really had any grasp on how lucky we are to live in North America, you wouldn't even dream of complaining about our education system. (A system that provides you with 12 years of education at no cost to you I might add. Our "system" only requires that once you enter the workforce and begin using that education, that you pay taxes in order to provide the next generation with the same advantage you have.)

Well, I'm living in the Middle East, currently a war zone. I'm getting 12 years of free education as well, but (and believe me- it's a big but) our teachers getting a starvation salary, we have 40 kids in class and basicly- the education system do anything to stop the violence which is raising and rasing among teenagers.

I'm getting my 12 years of education, but it isn't 12 years of good education. Because I'm living in the Middle East, I have the right to complain?
11-05-2010, 04:52 AM
Do you have the right to complain? Absolutely. Everyone has the right to complain. The question is, should they? Unfortunately, I have no idea what the education that you are getting is like, so I can't comment on that. Plus, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to say that things here in Canada are perfect. I'm just saying that people should be more thankful and less critical. If the Canadian high school student could imagine himself in a Middle East school for just a moment, perhaps he would appreciate what he has.
The important thing is, whether you are in Canada, the Middle East, China,, Australia, Germany, or Africa, that you make the best of what you have, and try to make it better for the future. I don't advocate complacency. By all means, if somethings wrong, do all that you can to fix it. But seriously...lets get some perspective!

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
24-05-2010, 01:03 AM

I am science-oriented sometimes and I am really inspired to explore and study everything regarding science. The history of science would be taught as a series of exciting detective stories, and would include the blind alleys entered by some of the world’s great minds. Science for me is somehow a great fun to experiment and take the knowledge of how a single thing has done.
24-05-2010, 09:20 PM

Your thought is very encouraging and Its touched my heart.I really like your thought about life.and I fill that you always go to a church not for a god but you like to enjoy community.but something I fill that You go to church where god is staying and you pass your some time at there.so that means you always pass your sometime with god. and only because of that in your mind this type of thoughts are created which you given by god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Introduce Yourself HERE! Soldieringon 5,051 157,381 Yesterday 10:18 PM
Last Post: Aussie Evo
Shocked I am just going to introduce myself and start things off light. Dru Denizen 17 558 13-01-2014 04:05 AM
Last Post: Dee
  Introduce Myself Nevillean 1 211 23-06-2013 07:56 AM
Last Post: morondog
  [split] Introduce Yourself HERE! Thinking Mom's Letter thinkingmom 8 587 10-06-2013 01:53 PM
Last Post: viocjit
  Derailed :D[split] Introduce Yourself HERE! hylonome 81 3,893 27-08-2012 12:14 AM
Last Post: Atothetheist
  Please allow me to introduce myself Caveman 12 723 29-03-2012 07:22 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Can I Introduce Myself Video3tech 24 1,718 27-03-2012 11:36 PM
Last Post: aurora