Hello everyone newbie here!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Hello everyone newbie here!!
Hi and welcome! I'm also ex-fundy/baptist/Pentecostal/etc. etc.

Good job in digging free of it! It's hard to do that!

Not believing in god doesn't mean that you can't believe in UFOs, but you really need to look critically and skeptically at any evidence before coming to any conclusion. I don't personally believe there are UFOs or ghosts or whatnot. That doesn't mean there isn't other life in this universe, but I doubt that UFOs are a thing. Come to your own conclusions about those things. Or don't conclude anything. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
01-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Welcome to the forum.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
01-02-2017, 03:59 PM
(31-01-2017 06:59 PM)Cool Logic Wrote:  I sat in the back and looked at the live nativity scene they had and the play that year for Xmas and almost walked out because I knew it was just BS!! But I stayed as we all have at one point.

Welcome. I can relate to that story, I know a lot more about the bible, who wrote it and why than I did as a Christian. When I see the nativity scenes with the shepherds and wise men, I know those are from two different and contradictory stories, it becomes a visual reminder of the inconsistencies and contradictions in the bible.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
01-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Hiya!
01-02-2017, 06:30 PM
(31-01-2017 06:59 PM)Cool Logic Wrote:  But to not believe in god means no belief in UFOs right?

Every time a plane, that has taken off from an airport, flies too high for you to see it's N-number, it is, technically, a flying object you cannot positively identify, right? Tongue

Welcome to TTA! Shy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
01-02-2017, 07:30 PM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
03-02-2017, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 08:16 PM by Ro3bert.)
Welcome, welcome!

I like and enjoy christmas but not as a religious holiday. I enjoy "seasonal music" whether it is secular or religious (I especially enjoy "Grandma got run over by a reindeer").

While I don't attend any church I do find the pomp and circumstance of the religious spectacle rather charming. I'm sure many xtians are more taken with the ceremony than the content (God and all that).

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
[+] 1 user Likes Ro3bert's post