Hello fellow Atheists!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2012, 05:53 PM
RE: Hello fellow Atheists!
Hi autistic atheist, welcome!

Must see for understanding Aspergers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lQa3q_O...re=related

and who in "big bang theory" reminds you of that?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Welcome... Yeah, it's hard to be tactful at times even without having aspergers. I've seen one movie with that in it. It was a neat claymation about a girl from Australia and a guy in NY with aspergers. Not saying it's the most accurate, but it's still a nice movie... to me anyway.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes craniumonempty's post
21-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Welcome! I think you'll enjoy it here.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
21-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Welcome. I'm sure you'll have fun here although you might want to consider not using the c word. Just sayin....Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
21-03-2012, 10:18 PM
(21-03-2012 05:40 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-03-2012 05:11 PM)kineo Wrote:  Yeah, I wasn't quite sure what to say about that. I know nothing about aspergers except that I worked with someone whose son had it and it has an impact on his social behavior. I can see being extremely sensitive to being called a retard and wanting to retaliate strongly.

Fair enough. *I* don't need details of exactly what he called her recounted with a tacit assumption that I'm gonna approve.

Yeah, but what if he's just pointing out the obvious truth?

Oh, and Welcome AA!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Welcome!! I'm sure you'll find that you're not the least tactful person in this forum so you'll fit quite fine in this bunch I'm starting to like myself Big Grin

and we have cookies in the dark side, yummy! Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
21-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Oddly my sister thought I had aspergers after she started studying psychology in depth. I just looked at her funny =p I'm way too emotive and for that case emotion driven to have this issue and yeah I kno there's the opposite side of asperger's but I mix and match. I can sit and sort for a whole day and think it was an hour when I'm in the mood ~_^

But yes, I can definitely understand the avoidance with words like that being thrown around, and I also understand your annoyance with her. I know many autistic people, and let me be the first to say. I'm gonna call you on things anyway =p

Hope you enjoy the forum

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
22-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Hi there

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
22-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks for making me feel at home. I am happy now that I embraced being Atheist. My mother I believe was Atheist and refused to have a big church ceremony and believed in goodness.

Having watching Richard Dawkins' videos and studied, I relate to what he is saying. My father is a staunch Catholic as are my siblings so if I say to them I'm Atheist I will be cast out (only my best friend knows my secret and is also Atheist but keeps it quiet for fear of being castigated by hypocritical motherf*ck*rs like the pedophiliac Catholics, incest performing Baptists and so forth.

Those who cast me out and/or make fun of me weren't my friends anyway.
22-03-2012, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 09:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-03-2012 09:05 PM)AutisticAtheist Wrote:  Thanks for making me feel at home. I am happy now that I embraced being Atheist. My mother I believe was Atheist and refused to have a big church ceremony and believed in goodness.

Having watching Richard Dawkins' videos and studied, I relate to what he is saying. My father is a staunch Catholic as are my siblings so if I say to them I'm Atheist I will be cast out (only my best friend knows my secret and is also Atheist but keeps it quiet for fear of being castigated by hypocritical motherf*ck*rs like the pedophiliac Catholics, incest performing Baptists and so forth.

Those who cast me out and/or make fun of me weren't my friends anyway.

I don't give a shit about religion. Metaphysics is far more interesting. Just ask them how the promise of a postmortem preservation of identity is even conceivable let alone tenable. All responses so far reek of desperation to me.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.