Hello fellow Atheists!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: Hello fellow Atheists!
(22-03-2012 09:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-03-2012 09:05 PM)AutisticAtheist Wrote:  Thanks for making me feel at home. I am happy now that I embraced being Atheist. My mother I believe was Atheist and refused to have a big church ceremony and believed in goodness.

Having watching Richard Dawkins' videos and studied, I relate to what he is saying. My father is a staunch Catholic as are my siblings so if I say to them I'm Atheist I will be cast out (only my best friend knows my secret and is also Atheist but keeps it quiet for fear of being castigated by hypocritical motherf*ck*rs like the pedophiliac Catholics, incest performing Baptists and so forth.

Those who cast me out and/or make fun of me weren't my friends anyway.

I don't give a shit about religion. Metaphysics is far more interesting. Just ask them how the promise of a postmortem preservation of identity is even conceivable let alone tenable. All responses so far reek of desperation to me.

I have a hard time expressing in person which is part of Aspergers. It's not desperation but confiding a secret which is hard to keep from many out of fear that I will be worse of a castout than my older brother who professes to be "Christian" when he is a sick, heartless human who defrauded his family and friends to feed his ego and does in the name of "THE HIGHER POWER" (which I know is BS).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes AutisticAtheist's post
22-03-2012, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 11:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-03-2012 10:50 PM)AutisticAtheist Wrote:  I have a hard time expressing in person which is part of Aspergers. It's not desperation but confiding a secret which is hard to keep from many out of fear that I will be worse of a castout than my older brother who professes to be "Christian" when he is a sick, heartless human who defrauded his family and friends to feed his ego and does in the name of "THE HIGHER POWER" (which I know is BS).

Take a breather brother.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
23-03-2012, 11:31 AM
I must say, it feels a little weird saying "Welcome" to someone who joined the forums before I did. So let me try to approach this in a slightly different way...

Here's hoping we both enjoy our time here, learn a thing or two, and make some new friends! And of course, welcome!

"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." -- Carlos Santana