Hello fellow Atheists!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Hello fellow Atheists!
I'm a 36 year old Autistic Atheist. I have a form of Autism known as Aspergers.

I am in a family full of Catholics and Christians but they are now angry at me for saying that I don't believe in God (father threatens to write me out of will if I don't do a cursillo which is a brainwash weekend, he tried to brainwash me with Landmark Forum and it failed). I have one best friend who too is Atheist like me (and thinks church, preachers and religions are sources for wars and complaining) and known him since age 11. When I revealed I was Atheist he said "about f*ck*ng time" as I suspected he was one as well. Also our Atheism is evident as we're both are fans of George Carlin, Family Guy, South Park, Monty Python, thinking man's rock music and so forth. Our other best friend died in 2008 and personally revealed to us in 1993 he was Atheist and believed in nothing. The three of us were seen as outcasts, whackjobs, madcaps and heretics for our Atheistic viewpoints.

Meanwhile I just lost a friend of 15 years after she said "thank God I found a new lover" on facebook and I responded "if there is a God which we know there isn't" and she responded what does that mean? and I told her I'm Atheist and I don't believe in God. She thought I was joking and told her "if God was real and existed, which he doesn't, would there be bombs, wars, fights, tears? the answer is no) We had a big shouting match about God and said she was sick of me following her and so on and called me an annoying retard so I told her to fuck off and called her a cumguzzling cunt for her calling me retard. Then her and her family severed ties with me and blocked me from Facebook.

Glad I found others such as me and hope you all embrace me with open arms.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2012, 04:28 PM
RE: Hello fellow Atheists!
Hello and welcome to the TTA forums! You'll find both Christians and atheists here, but most atheists. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
21-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Welcome to the forum.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
21-03-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm sorry. Did you say you were a 36 year old? Then claim that you called a woman a cumguzzling cunt?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
21-03-2012, 04:36 PM
(21-03-2012 04:16 PM)AutisticAtheist Wrote:  I told her to fuck off and called her a cumguzzling cunt for her calling me retard. Then her and her family severed ties with me and blocked me from Facebook.

Glad I found others such as me and hope you all embrace me with open arms.

Dodgy lost me at the intro I'm afraid. Welcome to the forum.
21-03-2012, 04:37 PM
(21-03-2012 04:30 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I'm sorry. Did you say you were a 36 year old? Then claim that you called a woman a cumguzzling cunt?

I have a form of Autism and for anyone to call me retard gets me angry.
21-03-2012, 04:42 PM
(21-03-2012 04:37 PM)AutisticAtheist Wrote:  
(21-03-2012 04:30 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I'm sorry. Did you say you were a 36 year old? Then claim that you called a woman a cumguzzling cunt?

Are you saying you can't help but act this way? I have a form of lack-of-empathy for you.
21-03-2012, 05:11 PM

(21-03-2012 04:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Are you saying you can't help but act this way? I have a form of lack-of-empathy for you.

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure what to say about that. I know nothing about aspergers except that I worked with someone whose son had it and it has an impact on his social behavior. I can see being extremely sensitive to being called a retard and wanting to retaliate strongly.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
21-03-2012, 05:28 PM
(21-03-2012 05:11 PM)kineo Wrote:  

(21-03-2012 04:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure what to say about that. I know nothing about aspergers except that I worked with someone whose son had it and it has an impact on his social behavior. I can see being extremely sensitive to being called a retard and wanting to retaliate strongly.

I've supervised a 30 yo with Asperger's for the last 8 years. Dude graduated from Maryland in Computer Engineering with a 3.7 GPA, is one of the best software and hardware engineers I've ever seen, and has all of the social skills of a prickly pear cactus. I make sure to sit next to him in meetings so I can kick him under the table when he starts getting out of hand. I mean what he's saying is almost always technically accurate, he's just not particularly tactful when making his point.

Welcome AutisticAtheist!

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-03-2012, 05:40 PM
(21-03-2012 05:11 PM)kineo Wrote:  Yeah, I wasn't quite sure what to say about that. I know nothing about aspergers except that I worked with someone whose son had it and it has an impact on his social behavior. I can see being extremely sensitive to being called a retard and wanting to retaliate strongly.

Fair enough. *I* don't need details of exactly what he called her recounted with a tacit assumption that I'm gonna approve.