Hello fellow non-believers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2018, 07:06 PM
Hello fellow non-believers!
Hi. New member here. Sitting on my bed listening to the podcast archives. There aren't enough hours in a day to catch up on all of them!

I'm a mature woman, in my early 50s, and have been a non-theist for about 12 years now. (Very late bloomer Blush. ) Previously Roman Catholic. But, hey, I have to credit my religion for leading me to my atheism. I was beat over the head with all the crap (aka dogma) that came out of The Church, how could I not become an atheist? [/size]

I work in a teaching hospital doing clinical trials for cancer, so I am all about respect for the nurses and doctors and social workers and therapists, etc. who help cancer patients.

I joined the forum looking for a community to talk with.

If anyone wants to know anything else about me, just ask. I'm not so good at introductions. Tongue

Peace out and be well,
MAD
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like MAD1's post
12-07-2018, 07:09 PM
RE: Hello fellow non-believers!
(12-07-2018 07:06 PM)MAD1 Wrote:  Hi. New member here. Sitting on my bed listening to the podcast archives. There aren't enough hours in a day to catch up on all of them!

I'm a mature woman, in my early 50s, and have been a non-theist for about 12 years now. (Very late bloomer Blush. ) Previously Roman Catholic. But, hey, I have to credit my religion for leading me to my atheism. I was beat over the head with all the crap (aka dogma) that came out of The Church, how could I not become an atheist? [/size]

I work in a teaching hospital doing clinical trials for cancer, so I am all about respect for the nurses and doctors and social workers and therapists, etc. who help cancer patients.

If anyone wants to know anything else about me, just ask. I'm not so good at introductions. Tongue

Peace out and be well,
MAD

Welcome! Pull up a chair and chime right in!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Hiya!
12-07-2018, 07:11 PM
(12-07-2018 07:06 PM)MAD1 Wrote:  Hi. New member here. Sitting on my bed listening to the podcast archives. There aren't enough hours in a day to catch up on all of them!

Peace out and be well,
MAD

> Ex-Roman Catholic and cancer survivor here. Welcome to TTA. I look forward to reading your posts. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
12-07-2018, 07:17 PM
hi there!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]
12-07-2018, 07:43 PM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
12-07-2018, 07:45 PM
Welcome!

fudge is the only divinity that matters
12-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Welcome!
12-07-2018, 07:56 PM
MAD welcome to the madhouse.

12-07-2018, 08:24 PM
Welcome! Do you think becoming an atheist so late changed things? Like were people surprised to find this out about you after so many years?