Hello from BC, Canada

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Hello from BC, Canada
Hi All,

I am a long-time listener to TTA podcast. At about 45 years old I finally came out of am out of my atheist closet. Trouble is my wife of nearly 20 years and my two teenage children are devastated. Now what... I am not sure, but I will have to figure it out.

Looking for peers dealing with the same thing. Perhaps I'll attend to Imagine No Religion 4 in Kamloops in May.

I am looking forward to joining the community and sharing life lessons. Thanks for inviting aboard.

Kindly,

CDL

The pursuit of truth has set me free; now what?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 04:34 PM
RE: Hello from BC, Canada
Welcome.

I am sorry your family is having trouble accepting your atheism. There are others here that have, or are, dealing with similar issues.

Check out the Personal Issues and Support area, you may find some helpful things there.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nd-Support

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
05-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Welcome aboard! I hope it works out ok with the family.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
05-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately I can't relate to the family issues as my kid is only 5. But I'm also from BC so there's that one similarity. Abbotsford here. Mennonites, mennonites everywhere hahah.

Good luck with your issues!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume