Hello from Europe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2011, 04:05 PM

Hello from Europe
Hi there everyone, yet another atheist checking in and I love your work but also the work of many many other atheists here and on youtube.

My parents are Christians from origin but they made one (in my eyes) beautiful decision. I have to thank them for that soon now that I finally realize what opportunity they presented me with. They did not babtise me, they did not send me to Sunday school or church, and they did not teach me any religion. Their reasoning behind this was: When you are old enough to understand what you are embarking into, you should decide for yourself. Those are their exact words.

I cannot stress how important that decision was, because I now enjoy the luxury of an unbiased view on all the religions of the world and search I did, very very hard, and found I have: there (probably) is no god, I studied the religious texts, I watched many different points of view of other people. I even invited two Johova's witnesses to come and talk to me. And so we did for many hours. I let them do all the talking only asking questions when confused in what they were saying and I have to say they are nice, understanding and very patient and presented a (at that time) compelling argument for the one true god. It was a pleasant conversation.

I followed out and started to examine, and study the holy texts, starting with the more popular Bible and Qu'ran and I could only come to one single conclusion for myself: Power and control, and that is it. It is constructed beautifully for one sole reason, to acquire power and control over masses. And it worked because the knowledge and education back in those times where low, and even much much lower in the general populous. And I even understand that it would only take one person to seize that power and execute that control. The fear of the unknown, the fear that will transform millions of people into mindless zombies. For me, an unbiased viewer it has no moral and let's hope they got it wrong because god is a monster, the pure definition of absolute evil. The morality is so low that I cannot bare the thought that I should present this to my future children. But I also found out that many religious people are kept in line with this text (control) and if that works for them, then I shall let them in peace as long as that does not compromise the security of the helpless (infants, children, jihad, holy wars).

Peace.
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2011, 05:36 PM
RE: Hello from Europe
Welcome aboard!
Hug your parents for me will you?

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2011, 09:09 AM

I will Smile.
12-04-2011, 09:31 AM

but if they didn´t teach you anything about religion they didn´t give you freedom to choose. Freedom resides in knowledge
12-04-2011, 01:30 PM
(12-04-2011 09:31 AM)guillermo112 Wrote:  but if they didn´t teach you anything about religion they didn´t give you freedom to choose. Freedom resides in knowledge

If that is so, then the people on the planet who have had a real freedom to choose can be counted on one hand. Show me one example of parents who tech their children about all the religions as if they where equal. ONE!
Your statement is false. Being uninformed does not mean that you don't have freedom of choice. An uninformed choice is still a choice. If all choices had to be built on having all the available information religion would die out as a result of all its would be victims being to well prepared.
Also information on religion does not have to come from parents. Like Chraspilot says, he did the research before deciding. So his choice was both free and informed.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
[+] 1 user Likes Norseman's post
17-04-2011, 06:32 AM
Hey CrashPilot , welcome to the forum.
From European to European , where are you from ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin