Hello from Florida!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2017, 07:49 PM
Smile Hello from Florida!
Hi everyone! I'm brand new here, I used to be a Christian, but I have been questioning religion and researching various beliefs for the past few years and only recently admitted (to myself and a few others) that I'm an atheist. Since then I've been devouring atheist content to determine what I do believe now. My fascination and curiosity for science have also been rekindled (it was so discouraged by the churches I had been involved in). I was very happy to hear about this forum from the podcast. (A coworker recommended the podcast, and I'm so grateful!) I look forward to being a part of this community of freethinkers. Smile

“Don't worry. You're just as sane as I am." -Luna Lovegood
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like DaniLuna's post
29-05-2017, 07:53 PM
RE: Hello from Florida!
(29-05-2017 07:49 PM)DaniLuna Wrote:  Hi everyone! I'm brand new here, I used to be a Christian, but I have been questioning religion and researching various beliefs for the past few years and only recently admitted (to myself and a few others) that I'm an atheist. Since then I've been devouring atheist content to determine what I do believe now. My fascination and curiosity for science have also been rekindled (it was so discouraged by the churches I had been involved in). I was very happy to hear about this forum from the podcast. (A coworker recommended the podcast, and I'm so grateful!) I look forward to being a part of this community of freethinkers. Smile

Welcome! Pull up a chair and chime right in!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
29-05-2017, 07:54 PM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Welcome! A few of us are from Florida (myself included). I hope you'll be able to have some interesting and enjoyable conversations here.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
29-05-2017, 07:58 PM
(29-05-2017 07:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Welcome! A few of us are from Florida (myself included). I hope you'll be able to have some interesting and enjoyable conversations here.

Awesome, it's great to know there are fellow Floridians here! And thank you, I hope so, too. Smile

“Don't worry. You're just as sane as I am." -Luna Lovegood
29-05-2017, 08:32 PM
My dad's family are from south Florida. I lived in Miami for a summer, to try to get to know them. Then I got a job in another state as quickly as I could manage it. (No it wasn't the heat; I'm from south Louisiana.) That state generally terrifies me.

[Image: f3b.jpg]

But we're glad you're here. Lots of us are people whose love of science won out over our preprogrammed willful ignorance. I hope you find this place as helpful as I did. There are some good people here. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
29-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Hello and welcome.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
29-05-2017, 08:40 PM
(29-05-2017 07:49 PM)DaniLuna Wrote:  Hi everyone! I'm brand new here, I used to be a Christian, but I have been questioning religion and researching various beliefs for the past few years and only recently admitted (to myself and a few others) that I'm an atheist. Since then I've been devouring atheist content to determine what I do believe now. My fascination and curiosity for science have also been rekindled (it was so discouraged by the churches I had been involved in). I was very happy to hear about this forum from the podcast. (A coworker recommended the podcast, and I'm so grateful!) I look forward to being a part of this community of freethinkers. Smile

> Welcome to The Thinking Atheist. I'm from Chester, MA, a rural hilltown nestled in the eastern foothills of the Berkshire Mts. (Although my alter ego resides in Middle Earth.) Smile
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
29-05-2017, 08:44 PM
hi there!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
29-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Hello Smile

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post