Hello from Florida!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2017, 01:59 AM
RE: Hello from Florida!
Welcome to the board duder! I have a friend who live in Florida, although I've never been over to check it out.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
30-05-2017, 04:11 AM
Welcome, Dani, we're glad you're here.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
30-05-2017, 05:24 AM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
30-05-2017, 06:16 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forum. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
30-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Hi and welcome! What part of Florida? I'm in Southwest Florida. It's a pretty great state once you get past all of the rampant corruption and conservative nutjobs that shoot themselves without noticing. Weeping

Anyway, I'm from Maine originally, but came down here about 15 years ago... holy hell, I can't believe it's been that long already.

Anyway- always glad to see more atheists in this ultra-religious state.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
30-05-2017, 07:46 AM
Welcome fellow Floridian!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
30-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Hello! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
30-05-2017, 10:14 AM
(30-05-2017 07:32 AM)Emma Wrote:  Hi and welcome! What part of Florida? I'm in Southwest Florida. It's a pretty great state once you get past all of the rampant corruption and conservative nutjobs that shoot themselves without noticing. Weeping

Anyway, I'm from Maine originally, but came down here about 15 years ago... holy hell, I can't believe it's been that long already.

Anyway- always glad to see more atheists in this ultra-religious state.

I'm in North Central Florida and I'm surrounded by retirees lol!! This really is a crazy state. I was born here and I've pretty much lived here my entire life. I feel the same way, I definitely feel outnumbered by the religious around here, so it's nice to know I'm not alone. Smile

“Don't worry. You're just as sane as I am." -Luna Lovegood
[+] 1 user Likes DaniLuna's post
30-05-2017, 10:18 AM
(29-05-2017 08:32 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  My dad's family are from south Florida. I lived in Miami for a summer, to try to get to know them. Then I got a job in another state as quickly as I could manage it. (No it wasn't the heat; I'm from south Louisiana.) That state generally terrifies me.

[Image: f3b.jpg]

But we're glad you're here. Lots of us are people whose love of science won out over our preprogrammed willful ignorance. I hope you find this place as helpful as I did. There are some good people here. Smile

Thank you! Yes, I couldn't ignore the facts anymore or force myself to believe things that didn't make sense or ever really feel right. And I don't blame you lol Florida is cuckoo when I stop and think about it! I've been here my whole life though so I can't imagine moving, but who knows? Smile

30-05-2017, 10:22 AM
(29-05-2017 08:40 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(29-05-2017 07:49 PM)DaniLuna Wrote:  Hi everyone! I'm brand new here, I used to be a Christian, but I have been questioning religion and researching various beliefs for the past few years and only recently admitted (to myself and a few others) that I'm an atheist. Since then I've been devouring atheist content to determine what I do believe now. My fascination and curiosity for science have also been rekindled (it was so discouraged by the churches I had been involved in). I was very happy to hear about this forum from the podcast. (A coworker recommended the podcast, and I'm so grateful!) I look forward to being a part of this community of freethinkers. Smile

> Welcome to The Thinking Atheist. I'm from Chester, MA, a rural hilltown nestled in the eastern foothills of the Berkshire Mts. (Although my alter ego resides in Middle Earth.) Smile

Thank you! I love LotR! What part of Middle Earth? Hands down I'd choose the Shire myself, with Rivendell being a close second! Smile