Hello from Florida!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2017, 02:41 PM
RE: Hello from Florida!
Welcome to the forum.

I doubt that I could pick just one part of Middle Earth. Not all those who wander are lost.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
31-05-2017, 05:07 AM
Welcome DaniLuna!
[+] 1 user Likes TheUnholy's post
31-05-2017, 05:27 AM
(30-05-2017 02:41 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Welcome to the forum.

I doubt that I could pick just one part of Middle Earth. Not all those who wander are lost.

I appear to have been born in Angmar. Sad

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
31-05-2017, 05:37 AM
(30-05-2017 10:22 AM)DaniLuna Wrote:  
(29-05-2017 08:40 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Welcome to The Thinking Atheist. I'm from Chester, MA, a rural hilltown nestled in the eastern foothills of the Berkshire Mts. (Although my alter ego resides in Middle Earth.) Smile

Thank you! I love LotR! What part of Middle Earth? Hands down I'd choose the Shire myself, with Rivendell being a close second! Smile

> Karlmir Stonewain is an ex-Gondorian Ranger who retired from active service shortly after the War of the Ring. He served briefly as a part-time citizen soldier during the time of Cromwell's Rebellion, manning one of the heliograph beacon towers west of Amon Dîn. Thereafter, he became a writer/scholar, residing and managing the family estate in Anórien during the summer and wintering in an apartment in Minas Tirith. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
31-05-2017, 05:55 AM
Nice to meet you!

I greatly admire anyone who manages to escape the mental trappings of religion. I was lucky enough to not have to.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
31-05-2017, 07:41 AM
(31-05-2017 05:27 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 02:41 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Welcome to the forum.

I appear to have been born in Angmar. Sad

While I wish I were an elf in Rivendell, I'm probably more a hobbit from the Marish or something. Laugh out load

In Lord of the Rings Online I used to play a hobbit minstrel named Rynna Finn. She was the best cutest little hobbit lady.
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
31-05-2017, 08:03 AM
(29-05-2017 08:32 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  My dad's family are from south Florida. I lived in Miami for a summer, to try to get to know them. Then I got a job in another state as quickly as I could manage it. (No it wasn't the heat; I'm from south Louisiana.) That state generally terrifies me.

[Image: f3b.jpg]

But we're glad you're here. Lots of us are people whose love of science won out over our preprogrammed willful ignorance. I hope you find this place as helpful as I did. There are some good people here. Smile

Florida.... Americas rectum Laugh out load
Welcome btw, enjoy your stay.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
31-05-2017, 11:03 AM
(30-05-2017 10:22 AM)DaniLuna Wrote:  Thank you! I love LotR! What part of Middle Earth? Hands down I'd choose the Shire myself, with Rivendell being a close second! Smile

Rohan. Definitely Rohan.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
31-05-2017, 11:16 AM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
31-05-2017, 05:09 PM
(31-05-2017 05:37 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 10:22 AM)DaniLuna Wrote:  Thank you! I love LotR! What part of Middle Earth? Hands down I'd choose the Shire myself, with Rivendell being a close second! Smile

> Karlmir Stonewain is an ex-Gondorian Ranger who retired from active service shortly after the War of the Ring. He served briefly as a part-time citizen soldier during the time of Cromwell's Rebellion, manning one of the heliograph beacon towers west of Amon Dîn. Thereafter, he became a writer/scholar, residing and managing the family estate in Anórien during the summer and wintering in an apartment in Minas Tirith. Smile

Wow, Karlmir has lived quite a life, sounds wonderful! Big Grin

“Don't worry. You're just as sane as I am." -Luna Lovegood
[+] 1 user Likes DaniLuna's post