Hello from Georgia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Hello from Georgia
Hey there everyone. I am in Georgia, only been here for 3 years now. I am originally from California. My parents didn't raise me with any religion, but I really don't think they raised me atheist either. They just let me figure it out on my own. If I wanted to go to church with a friend, I did. My Grandma on my dad's side would take me to church sometimes. But my mom's side of the family I really can't remember any regular church goers.

So I never claimed a belief, but I never claimed a disbelief either, until I moved to Georgia. It now feels like there is a church on every street corner, bilboards, and shoot friends I grew up with who never stepped in church as long as I knew them are now posting God Crap all over their walls! Ack! So I started searching out Atheist websites, I needed balance, and then I realized, this is the truth. Now all those god posts are driving me nuts......

Thanks for reading.

Catrina
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Cat's post
19-10-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: Hello from Georgia
Welcome, Cat!! Your story sounds a lot like mine, except I got pretty into the whole church thig as a kid when I decided to go with friends. Didn't take me too long to figure out something was off though Thumbsup

I'm betting based on your Facebook complaint, you'll really enjoy this thread for a cathartic laugh Big Grin http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...t-religion

Glad to have you, hope to see you around!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
19-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Welcome aboard! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
19-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Welcome - boy you really took a leap in the land of God, didn't you?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
19-10-2014, 06:43 PM
(19-10-2014 06:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Welcome - boy you really took a leap in the land of God, didn't you?

By did I!
19-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Howdy, Cat!
There's some gawd posts around here, but the replies to those will make ya laugh Laugh out load
Welcome! Shy

19-10-2014, 07:23 PM
welcome! Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
19-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Hello local. Hope you like it here. Smile
20-10-2014, 03:41 AM
'Lo Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-10-2014, 04:02 AM
Welcome Cat, glad you made it.