Hello from Germany

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Hello from Germany
Hey there Smile

A proud 20 years old atheist girl from germany here.
I grew up in an evangelical family and even though my parents are relatively moderate, the church where we went did a great job indictrinating me and making me a pretty fundamentalist christian and young earth creationist.
My relief started ironically with a depressive episode. I stoped going to church and my view started to slowly clarify. About eight months ago i finally started to identify as an atheist. I started to consume tons of YouTube videos from people like AronRa, Matt Dillahunty, King Crocoduck, DarkMatter and many more.
I am still really anoyed by the fact that i bought into all of that crap and that my whole family still believes it. Especially my father who is actually pretty smart and should understand that his belief is irrational.
I am really looking forward to find like minded people to talk about these topics and hope that we will have a good time together Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Lea's post
28-01-2018, 03:39 PM
RE: Hello from Germany
Willkommen Lea.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-01-2018, 04:03 PM
It's quite natural that walking away from indoctrination would cause some depression.

I am from Germany also but live in the US.

Pull up a chair and chime right in!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-01-2018, 04:08 PM
Welcome!
28-01-2018, 04:20 PM
(28-01-2018 04:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  It's quite natural that walking away from indoctrination would cause some depression.

The depression was independent from me walking away from indoctrination. It was caused by my first girlfriend who left me. That was the reason i stopped going to church and thus caused my secularization Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Lea's post
28-01-2018, 04:22 PM
Welcome Smile

It's natural to believe what your parents tell you, so don't be too hard on yourself Heart You've seen through it at an early age, which is a great achievement!

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2018, 04:51 PM
Howdy.

28-01-2018, 04:59 PM
hi there!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]
28-01-2018, 05:14 PM
Hello! Big Grin
28-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume