Hello from Iceland

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2011, 01:34 AM

Hello from Iceland
Hello everyone, Jóhann is my name Dodgy

[Image: vikings_of_iceland_nordic_scandanavian_p...ja_400.jpg]

I wonder if I am the only Icelandic person on this forum, probably some Icelandic people lurking around Tongue

I am going on twenty, been an atheist since I was about 13 I guess.
But have been very free thinking all my life.
Came from a family that never talked of religion, only ever went to church for funerals and ceremonies..

At the age of 13-14 in Iceland we go through a thing like jewish kids go through, "ferming" its called. So it's basically a declaration that you as an individual believe in god and the dogma that follows.

At that time I started seriously thinking about the big question's about god and such, and came to the conclusion that god was pretty much a pervert Wink Which happened when the priest during a lecture said: "God is watching you always, even in the bedroom." Big Grin

The funny thing about Icelandic people concerning religion is that the pole says around 60% are believers and even more are registered as Christians.
Almost 90% I would say, don't care either way, Religion is worthless in people's lives. The #1 comment people say when asked "What is god?" they say "Love". Care to clarify, nah won't be bothered. Huh

Anyway this was just a shout out. Great to find a free thinking website Wink
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2011, 06:10 AM
RE: Hello from Iceland
Wellcomes!
Quote:At the age of 13-14 in Iceland we go through a thing like jewish kids go through, "ferming" its called. So it's basically a declaration that you as an individual believe in god and the dogma that follows.
You mean 'confirmation'?
Quote:The funny thing about Icelandic people concerning religion is that the pole says around 60% are believers and even more are registered as Christians.
Almost 90% I would say, don't care either way, Religion is worthless in people's lives. The #1 comment people say when asked "What is god?" they say "Love". Care to clarify, nah won't be bothered. Huh
Pretty much the same in Finland.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Welcome to the website.
Wow - you started being a skeptic at an early age - congrats.

Look forward to your input.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
14-03-2011, 12:55 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VudJpH-ytH4

that is all.
14-03-2011, 04:55 PM

(14-03-2011 06:10 AM)Kikko Wrote:  Wellcomes!
Quote:At the age of 13-14 in Iceland we go through a thing like jewish kids go through, "ferming" its called. So it's basically a declaration that you as an individual believe in god and the dogma that follows.
You mean 'confirmation'?
Quote:The funny thing about Icelandic people concerning religion is that the pole says around 60% are believers and even more are registered as Christians.
Pretty much the same in Finland.

Yes, confirmation of faith I suppose it would be more accurate to call it Smile
But more or less every individual that does this is doing it for greed and nothing else. I got over 250.000 isk (US$2000+) when I did this, from family and friends. Some get even more than this. It looks more like a jewish ritual Wink no pun intended.
(14-03-2011 12:55 PM)Cdf50 Wrote:  Welcome to the forum!

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VudJpH-ytH4

that is all.

Haha, thanks for the welcome
and also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGlJ7L7JFCg

The Icelandic Techno Viking is a good friend of mine Wink
(14-03-2011 07:19 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Welcome to the website.
Wow - you started being a skeptic at an early age - congrats.

Look forward to your input.

Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to see what the site has to offer.
14-03-2011, 05:51 PM

Hello and welcome. Love the shirt in your OP. Smile
14-03-2011, 09:55 PM

(14-03-2011 05:51 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Hello and welcome. Love the shirt in your OP. Smile

Thanks.
Hehe, don't know where u get that T-shirt but, you can probably find some one ebay or similar sites. Big Grin
15-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Quote:But more or less every individual that does this is doing it for greed and nothing else. I got over 250.000 isk (US$2000+) when I did this, from family and friends.
My God! $2000+? I did it for less than 300€! I feel like a cheap prostitute now.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
15-03-2011, 10:43 AM

(15-03-2011 10:06 AM)Kikko Wrote:  
Quote:But more or less every individual that does this is doing it for greed and nothing else. I got over 250.000 isk (US$2000+) when I did this, from family and friends.
My God! $2000+? I did it for less than 300€! I feel like a cheap prostitute now.

Well I say 2000$+ but that is basicly one very good computer and some random stuff Smile
15-03-2011, 10:56 AM
(15-03-2011 10:43 AM)Sanctus Wrote:  
(15-03-2011 10:06 AM)Kikko Wrote:  

Well I say 2000$+ but that is basicly one very good computer and some random stuff Smile

No - that's just one VERY awesome Gibson Guitar and NO random stuff Tongue

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin