Hello from Joja

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Hello from Joja
I'm a police officer for a metro-Atlanta agency. Been listening to the podcast for a few months, figure I'd join up here and say 'hi'.

I look forward to hearing from y'all.

I am an Atheist- and I know of at least one other at my job that is also an Atheist. He never told me directly, but when asked about the Bible, he said "I don't believe none of that sh*t!"

I normally don't like to announce my profession. But since there are Atheists out there that distrust police- especially since many police in the south are religious- I figure it's important to let folks know there are some of us behind the badge.

Be polite.
Be efficient.
Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2011, 10:11 PM
RE: Hello from Joja
Luckily I don't have too many run ins with the cops, and when I do they have more to worry about than my religion =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
19-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Fair enough. I've heard some of my peers give the "Come to Jesus" speech to some people we've had run-ins with, offenders, witnesses, and victims alike. It's very annoying.

Equally annoying is many of the "blue laws" down here in the south. Particularly the ones that dictate how two consenting adults behave in the bedroom.

Be polite.
Be efficient.
19-03-2011, 10:42 PM
well I'm in MO so mid-west which is back and forth compared to the south, and generally the fact that I'm legally male makes any other conversation moot. I guess that's a perk about being intersexed? The police give up on their stupid stories because they have something real to complain about?

I hope you're not being pressured for the good old boy mindset of male cops. They really have aggressive and dangerous ideas of how men with power should act.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
19-03-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the term "intersexed".

I know the mindset you're talking about. I'd like to tell you that they are in the minority. But the best I can do is "there's not as many cops like that as you think". Just sadly those guys seem to be the only ones people remember or talk about. Just take solace in the fact that we (the rest of us cops) don't care for them, either. Smile

Be polite.
Be efficient.
20-03-2011, 06:07 AM
I'm just meaning that those guys tend to frequent the station expecting others to conform. Knew some older cops maybe it's calmed down some. I've had my time as a male and am used to dealing with this group myself.

Intersexed means I was born between male and female. I have a male identification so law wise people think I'm male.

20-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Is it the same as a hermaphrodite?

Be polite.
Be efficient.
20-03-2011, 06:33 PM
yes, it's a larger term because many don't actually have both genitals.

20-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Okay, so let me see if I understand your predicament correctly:

You have (in whole or in part) both sex organs- but "technically" a male. However you live your life as a female, and are attracted to women?

Sorry if it's too personal, but I find it interesting. Feel free to tell me stop me if I'm crossing any lines.

Be polite.
Be efficient.
20-03-2011, 09:13 PM
(19-03-2011 10:15 PM)ConditionYellow Wrote:  Fair enough. I've heard some of my peers give the "Come to Jesus" speech to some people we've had run-ins with, offenders, witnesses, and victims alike. It's very annoying.

How well does that work out? Wink

Quote:Equally annoying is many of the "blue laws" down here in the south. Particularly the ones that dictate how two consenting adults behave in the bedroom.

I didn't know that sexual activity fell under the heading of blue laws. Anyway, as someone who lives in the South I must ask, are you actually expected to enforce these sort of laws? Didn't SCOTUS determine that anti-sodomy laws were unconstitutional?

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink