Hello from KC's brother

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2012, 04:59 AM
RE: Hello from KC's brother
(21-10-2012 07:30 PM)Zoebion Wrote:  Hey, my name is Jared and I am originally from Baton Rouge. I live in North Carolina where I serve as a pastor. I am a Calvinist and an evolutionary creationist, and am looking forward to meeting new people and having some interesting dialogue. Also, KC is my brother and our beliefs are almost identical Smile My wife also just had twins, so I won't be on the site as much as I would like to be right now. Give me a couple months and I'll be more active.

How does one even begin to believe that death-cult, hopeless, dehumanizing Calvinism crap?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-10-2012, 04:59 AM
(22-10-2012 04:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 10:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Does this video accurately reflect your non-virtual reaction?

Pretty much.

Interestingly, he grew up in the same town I did.

I assume you mean "grew up" in an anatomical sense?

Find all posts by this user
22-10-2012, 05:28 AM
I've not been here that long, so I'm aware of only two theists who post regularly on these forums: KC and someone with a name like Seascrolls, or Seasbury... or Buriedseascrolls. Some shit like that. Though I haven't seen many of either users' posts, I would like to say that neither of them strike me as insufferable cretins.

That may well be because I've not seen many of their posts, however.

Here's hoping that you aren't an insufferable cretin! If you are, here's hoping that I don't see many of your posts!

Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes caffeinesoul's post
22-10-2012, 06:02 AM
(22-10-2012 04:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 04:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  Pretty much.

Interestingly, he grew up in the same town I did.

I assume you mean "grew up" in an anatomical sense?

Maybe not even that; I'm only 162 cm.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Hello from KC's brother
(22-10-2012 05:28 AM)caffeinesoul Wrote:  I've not been here that long, so I'm aware of only two theists who post regularly on these forums: KC and someone with a name like Seascrolls, or Seasbury... or Buriedseascrolls. Some shit like that. Though I haven't seen many of either users' posts, I would like to say that neither of them strike me as insufferable cretins.

Here's hoping that you aren't an insufferable cretin! If you are, here's hoping that I don't see many of your posts!

Welcome!

Seasbury would be very unhappy to learn you thought he is a theist. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
22-10-2012, 08:19 AM
(22-10-2012 08:11 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 05:28 AM)caffeinesoul Wrote:  I've not been here that long, so I'm aware of only two theists who post regularly on these forums: KC and someone with a name like Seascrolls, or Seasbury... or Buriedseascrolls. Some shit like that. Though I haven't seen many of either users' posts, I would like to say that neither of them strike me as insufferable cretins.

Welcome!

Seasbury would be very unhappy to learn you thought he is a theist. Tongue

I giggled a little when I read that.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
22-10-2012, 09:12 AM
(22-10-2012 04:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 07:30 PM)Zoebion Wrote:  Hey, my name is Jared and I am originally from Baton Rouge. I live in North Carolina where I serve as a pastor. I am a Calvinist and an evolutionary creationist, and am looking forward to meeting new people and having some interesting dialogue. Also, KC is my brother and our beliefs are almost identical Smile My wife also just had twins, so I won't be on the site as much as I would like to be right now. Give me a couple months and I'll be more active.

How does one even begin to believe that death-cult, hopeless, dehumanizing Calvinism crap?
It gives you a huge ego boost after all. It's the most arrogant amongst all beliefs.

"I'm elected to spend eternity in heaven with my buddy god regardless how much of a bad person I am, while all the unelected trash suffers eternal torture in hell regardless of how good they were."

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
22-10-2012, 09:15 AM
I think if I were a Calvinist, I'd be terribly afraid to have kids. What if they aren't elect? I'd hate to think my sperm was populating hell? Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
22-10-2012, 09:17 AM
(22-10-2012 09:15 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I think if I were a Calvinist, I'd be terribly afraid to have kids. What if they aren't elect? I'd hate to think my sperm was populating hell? Consider
Shouldn't be a problem if you indoctrinate them. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
22-10-2012, 09:43 AM
(22-10-2012 09:17 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 09:15 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I think if I were a Calvinist, I'd be terribly afraid to have kids. What if they aren't elect? I'd hate to think my sperm was populating hell? Consider
Shouldn't be a problem if you indoctrinate them. Drinking Beverage

Oh yeah, good point. Make them sing happy songs about Jesus and tell fantastical stories about stuff that never happened and they'll never question reality again.