Hello from KC's brother

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: Hello from KC's brother
Hey Erx, as a former believer, weren't you sort of always worried about that anyways. Hell would always be a possability for your offspring if they were bad people, whereas in the potential fantasy that is Calvanism the believers can just convince themselves that not only are they elect, but their children are too, thus no threat of hell.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
22-10-2012, 11:30 AM
(22-10-2012 09:15 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I think if I were a Calvinist, I'd be terribly afraid to have kids. What if they aren't elect? I'd hate to think my sperm was populating hell? Consider

I don't wanna know about your sperm in any context. Besides, ya cannot impregnate a palm. Tongue

And WTF is this? KC bringing more cronies around? Dodgy

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-10-2012, 11:34 AM
(22-10-2012 08:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 08:11 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Seasbury would be very unhappy to learn you thought he is a theist. Tongue

I giggled a little when I read that.

Turns out I mixed Seasbury's username with Ideasonscribe.

Derp.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like caffeinesoul's post
22-10-2012, 11:39 AM
So this is the infamous "The Rev"? Consider
22-10-2012, 12:02 PM
(21-10-2012 08:02 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Welcome to the site! Congrats on the twins- no ones asked for a snack yet? Ohmy

By snack I am assuming you are asking if the twins wanted to eat yet? It's funny, because sometimes their eating habits remind me of college binge drinking, only with milk Undecided
22-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Dude you should have signed up as 'emperorschosen' or something Tongue I have a feeling you will be exactly like your bro Smile Hey you could take KC's job in the 'Ask a Theist' thread Tongue But I am curios, KC is mad in the head calvinist because he had a religious experience, what's your story? Just to let you know I am one of the forums teens.

Welcome by the way Smile Hope you stick around.
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
22-10-2012, 12:11 PM
(21-10-2012 08:04 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 07:39 PM)Zoebion Wrote:  Nah, not so much. I had my doubts once, investigated and studied, and came to grips with the what's and why's of what I believe. I guess you could say it was just predestined Wink
(21-10-2012 07:51 PM)Zoebion Wrote:  We are alike in this matter also.
In that case, I've got three questions for you. If you don't want to answer them, that's cool.

1. Do you have any scientific, let alone falsifiable, evidence for your belief? If you don't, why do you still believe?
2. Is the first quote implying that you do not have any doubts any longer? If so, why?
3. Are you intellectually honest enough to change or reconsider your position when you're shown to be in the wrong?

That is all.

I'll answer them for you good sir. Briefly and to the point:

1). I don't believe science proves or disproves God. There is no empirical evidence for God in science. My belief has more to do with theological and metaphysical reasons, namely faith. However, I do think that the fine tuning of the universe, though not absolute proof of God, are compatible with theistic belief and point towards it. Also, the moral law. Moral creatures are exactly what we should expect to see in evolution if a moral God is guiding it.

2). My doubts had not to do with science, etc, but with issues of biblical inerrancy. But I realized what I had been taught created a false dichotomy and was using scripture in a way it wasn't intended- mainly using it to address issues of modern science and expecting it to read as modern history.

3) Yes, I consider myself to be honest about evidence. Which is why I have changed my beliefs from a YEC dispensationalists Arminian fundamentalists to an EC/TE Reformed perspective.
22-10-2012, 12:19 PM
(21-10-2012 08:06 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Oh hot dang, I've got me a real genuine question.

What does your name mean newcomer? I googled it and got a company and this thread.

Dang, just when you thought you were being original Weeping My version is a compilation of three Greek words/concepts; 1)zo/zoe is the word that speaks of the life that is given through Christ. 2) bio(s) speaks of the course of the natural life. 3) ebion is the verb form of bios and means the course of ones natural life. These three words seem to sum up my evolutionary creationists beliefs, so I put them all together.
[+] 1 user Likes Zoebion's post
22-10-2012, 12:28 PM
(21-10-2012 11:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  Welcome Smile

So... Calvinist pastor... eish.

What does you're congregation think of it? Are they scared of not being elect? Are they certain of election? *Do you recruit people* ? 'Cos as far as I can work out that'd be kinda contrary to the whole Calvinist paradigm...

They are good with it. All our pastors are Calvinistic. Are congregation holds a mixture of beliefs when it comes to this subject. We do teach that God's elect will come to faith and repentance and that election is confirmed by lifestyle. As far as the Calvinist paradigm go, scripture and Reformed theology teach that we are to teach the gospel, and God will draw people. We don't try to recruit or force ourselves upon people, but are involved a lot in the community. We teach our people not to beat others with the bible. If they do, we tell them to use a pocket size version, not a KJV cinder block. They could pull something or cause another person neck damage. Beat_stick
[+] 2 users Like Zoebion's post
22-10-2012, 12:28 PM
(22-10-2012 10:39 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Hey Erx, as a former believer, weren't you sort of always worried about that anyways. Hell would always be a possability for your offspring if they were bad people, whereas in the potential fantasy that is Calvanism the believers can just convince themselves that not only are they elect, but their children are too, thus no threat of hell.

The point is moot since KC and The Rev don't think I was ever really a believer. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post